App that supports native airplay of photos?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by lexvo, Nov 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. lexvo macrumors 65816

Is there an app that supports native airplay of photos, besides the standard Apple Photos app?

Most apps support only mirrored airplay. The disadvantage is that photos are displayed in a smaller size. I had an app that supported native airplay, but it seems that Apple changed something in airplay in iOS 11.

Apple Photos is not an option for me because I want to stream photos from my NAS.

2. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

Have you considered Plex?

You could add your photos to it and stream them natively on your Apple TV, or Television/Xbox/PlayStation without worrying about AirPlay.

3. lexvo thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for your quick reply.

Alas my Apple TV is too old for Plex. My Samsung TV is 9 years old, I'll check out if Plex is possible.

The thing is, before iOS 11 I had native airplay in one or two apps. Something has changed, and I am hoping to find an app that still does native airplay.

4. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

Obviously I don’t know which ATV you have, but there is, or at least was - don’t know if it still works - a way to get Plex even on ATV 2 or ATV 3.

If you’re interested in giving it a go have a look here or do a search for another tutorial.

I used to use it on my ATV 3 before I upgraded, worked perfectly at the time.

5. lexvo thread starter macrumors 65816

I will check that out, thanks!