App to add pictures to desktop?

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
What is the application that people use to add "polaroid style" pictures to a desktop? Similiar to what is posted below. Thanks.

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
The top one I'm unsure about, but I think the second one was something the guy whipped up in Photoshop and not an application. He mentions it here.

But if the first one is an app, I have no idea what it is.

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
Google's Picasa does something similar. It has been a while since I last used it, but it does have a collage feature which scatters a bunch of pictures on the desktop. Although it is not directly what you are asking for, you may want to look into it. I thought it was pretty interesting.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Google's Picasa does something similar. It has been a while since I last used it, but it does have a collage feature which scatters a bunch of pictures on the desktop. Although it is not directly what you are asking for, you may want to look into it. I thought it was pretty interesting.
I wish Google would release Picasa for OS X...

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
The top one I'm unsure about, but I think the second one was something the guy whipped up in Photoshop and not an application. He mentions it here.

But if the first one is an app, I have no idea what it is.
Yep.. I made that myself in PS3... I didn't know about Photo Desktop 2 and wanted the multiple pictures posted so I put my creativity hat on..

Afterwards, when I found out about Photo Desktop 2 I installed it and tried it, but I wasn't thrilled with it and am sticking w/ my creation..

ivnds

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2006
What about the cover art app over to the right, is that a widget?

swwack91

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2007
New Jersey
yeah i wanna know about that cover art thing too!

and a link to that wallpaper...

and the icon set that got that MBP instead of Mac HHD!!!

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
This will do the CD Cover on the desktop

This is the original thread w/ his desktop image - but he hasn't posted a link yet.

As for the icon - try this attached file - there's a few in here. I'm not sure if its the same one he used... To change the name, just highlight it, click enter and give it a name...

Attachments