App to put the notification center on the lock screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone Russ, Sep 25, 2012.

1. iPhone Russ macrumors member

The Notification center is cool, alive and exciting. I don't want to pull it down all the time. Is there an APP or a way to make the notification center my lock screen so I have an instant window on the world and my days scheduled activites?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i think you can do it by jailbreaking and using something i think is called intelliscreenx (?).

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Jailbreaking is the only option. I prefer a tweak called lockinfo over intelliscreenx.

4. georgia-svt macrumors newbie

5. iPhone Russ thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I'll giv'er a shot and I will check back later to see if there are any additional thoughts.

6. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

So iPhone Russ, tell us about what phone and ios you have.

If you can JB then Lockinfo or intellascreenx would work, i do prefer lockinfo. if all you want is the notifaction center on your lock screen then that is the best choice.

I warn you though :D , once you start down the JB path there are tons of other great tweaks. Try the combo of BiteSMS and Lockinfo for a truly great lock screen.

7. iPhone Russ thread starter macrumors member

Awesome. Maybe there is hope after all. I have the iPhone 5 w/32GB. My wife made me get one since we were in the store and we had waited in line for a couple of hours I decided to go ahead with it. She is cool with the iPhone just the way it is and I like almost everything but I need some pyrotechnics and customizability after all it's an $800 telephone.

8. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Well the good news is that with a JB iPhone there are very few limits to what you can make it do, the bad news it will be a long time before there is a JB for the 5 and for iOS6

9. iPhone Russ thread starter macrumors member

How long does it typically take until it it possible to jail brake the new iOS?

10. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

i agree with the posters that mention both Lockinfo and IntelliscreenX(i have this one) BiteSms and SBSettings are my favorites to have and i sure hope there is a jb soon for the 5. lol!

----------

no one really knows how long it takes so we all just have to be patient...but it is in the works right now. and you can check the hacks section of these forums to find out about them.

11. SR71 macrumors 68000

Took 3 months for the iPhone 4S to get a jailbreak after release, so not too long.