App to simulate Exposé and Spaces in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeandrodaFL, Jan 5, 2012.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

I've seen some apps like hyperspaces and similar others who were suposed to provide a better Exposé and Spaces experience.

Well, liking Snow Leopard the way it was, I never looked into it, but now with Lion killing Exposé and changing Spaces, is there an App that brings the old version back?

Basically what Im looking is to have Exposé like is Dashboard (hovering over and darkening the desktop) and having collums again in Spaces and that nice squares effect when changing spaces

Would my last option to use parallel desktops or Vmware fusion?

2. simsaladimbamba

I would like to know as well, as Lion will hinder my next Mac purchase unless I seriously change my working habits with 12 Spaces, which look atrocious in MC.

But I haven't found any way yet.

Maybe leave feedback with Apple at www.apple.com/feedback. I already did and always do, when some application or the OS crashes and I can send a report (as that would actually help, though I can vent my frustration that way).

3. skier777 macrumors 6502

4. LxHunter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Take a look at Witch
    http://manytricks.com/witch/

5. simsaladimbamba

While that is a good application, it does not replace Spaces, just allows better switching between Windows.
    With 25 applications with 80 windows (some applications have multiple windows) open, CMD+TAB and Witch are a pain in the arse, thus Spaces and Exposé are faster in that regard.

6. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Can Fusion or Paralles be used to run Snow Leopard.

Also, I encourage everyone to use the feedback link, I just emailed Apple asking them to allow us to choose how we want Exposé and Spaces.

They did with dashboard...why not Exposé and Spaces too??

I tought by now there were gonna be petitions online, because I know that Lions has the highest disaproval rate and people not upgrading and it is because of the Exposé Spaces issue.