App to stream to airport? / Airtunes for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joejoejoe, Apr 19, 2009.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I know the remote app let's you connect to a computer on the same network and control the music on it, and even let's you choose the audio source (assuming you're connected to and airport/airport express with airtunes. And there's A2DP coming with iPhone 3.0. And now there's Airfoil which can stream music on a computer to the iPhone.

Now where is the App that let's me go directly from the iPhone to my wireless speakers on Airtunes??

2. Pared macrumors 65816

No. This has been asked for a while and it doesn't seem like it is going to happen.

Would increase sales of the AExp., that's for sure.

3. mah0727 macrumors newbie

what about...

what about a app on the macbook that makes your macbook act like bluetooth headset so when ad2p becomes supported with the 3.0 firmware you could send audio from your iphone to your mac. and use airfoil of course

4. PatrickRolfsen macrumors regular

PatrickRolfsen

in that case, its kinda already solved- just use the remote.app to control your mac/itunes connected to ApEx...? unless there is unique audio on your phone that isnt on your mac:rolleyes:

5. The General macrumors 601

Because I take my Mac with me every time I go to my friends' houses, who all have Airport Expresses. :rolleyes:

6. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

7. Pared macrumors 65816

I've been hoping for this ever since the iPhone was released, be it a hack or whatever.

Seems like it may be possible with 3.0... but I've given up hope.

8. mah0727 macrumors newbie

it should work

i dont see why it wouldnt be possible for a program to be made on macs that would make them discoverable on your iphone as ad2p stereo speakers. then you could play the music over ad2p onto your mac

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0