App to stream video to PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajones46, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ajones46 macrumors 6502

I did a bit of researching and couldn't find what I was looking for, maybe someone can point to the right direction.

I'm looking for an app to record my lectures during college. Problem is, there's not enough space on my iPhone for an hour and half long video and don't want to go through the hassle of micromanaging all my apps/music/etc and the recorded videos. What I'm looking to do is record my lectures on my iPhone and stream them via wifi to my windows PC to be recorded. Anyone know a way?

Thanks

2. ajones46 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

No experience on this but I know one thing for sure is that you CANT RECORD video from iPhone to a WiFi attached storage directly....as the rate of Transferring video would be too high, causing your iPhone to overheat most likely should an option like that even exist(which I HIGHLY DOUBT) as it will not have all the available bandwidth to record a Live video to a WiFi attached storage due to many other students on the network.

Why not consider upgrading? I'm sure you can find a good deal on a 32GB iPhone 4 by now....

Reason I would recommend iPhone 4 32GB over iPhone 4S 32GB is because iPhone 4S Camera is 8MP compared to 5MP....so the 4S 1hr = 12GB, 1.5hr = 18GB approximately....iPhone 4 its about half that....

If you going to go all out to record on a iPhone then go with a 4S 64GB as it will be your absolute best option...but you can definitely make Do with a 32GB iPhone 4......I went with a 16GB and within 2 months I had to make the jump to a 64GB....So far I use about 30GB of Space and have plenty to make video as well....

Please do note tho 32GB iPhone 4/4S = ~27GB of user accessible storage space....64GB = 57.xxGB of User accessible storage space.