App usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jctivo, May 2, 2012.

1. jctivo macrumors member

Is there a way to see which apps one uses most?

I'm trying to figure out which of the games for my son I can delete that he doesn't use.

Thank you in advance,
    jctivo

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Usage as in storage? If so and you're running iOS 5 then go to Settings > General > Usage and wait for your app list to refresh then it will list them in descending order from the app that uses most storage space to the least.

3. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I think jailbreaking your iPhone is the only way to track how many times you use specific apps.

Otherwise, you can get an idea of how often he plays specific games by splitting the games into different homescreens. This would work for the short-term.

For example, say you have homescreens 1 -> 2 -> 3. Let's assume that regular apps (i.e. Messages, Facetime, Contacts, other non-games) are on homescreen #1.

Initially, homescreen #2 will have just one app on it while all the games are on homescreen #3. Use homescreen #2 as a "recently used" homescreen. Every time he plays a game, he moves said app from homescreen #3 to the top of #2. Whatever games get left on homescreen #3 after, say, 2 weeks are worth deleting.

4. jctivo thread starter macrumors member

not storage

yeah. I don't usually watch it while he is on it. I use it as the "third" parent on occassion like I'm at the bank discussing something with a bank officer or something like that so I don't know what he uses.

oh well. I just download a bunch of free games for my 4 year old so I don't know what he uses like when we are on a big trip and I'm driving for example.

5. KHC831 macrumors member

there is app call "Ask Him" that will you know which one he likes.

6. jctivo thread starter macrumors member

i tried that

maybe your four year old is different than mine, but focusing trying to go through apps and say which one you like and which one you don't like, didn't go so well.

7. kingdLo macrumors 6502

Must be 4yr old syndrome. My kid steals my phone most of the time when her 3GS is loaded with her games. And if I try to delete something, yea not gonna happen.