Appadvice releases the list of every iPad app in the app store!(with screenshots)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cualexander, Mar 31, 2010.

1. cualexander macrumors 6502a

http://appadvice.com/appcollections/view/ipad-apps/page/1

Pretty sweet. Have only made it to Page 3, but I'm pretty stoked already about the ABC video player app which will let me stream full episodes of LOST to the iPad for free. If all the major networks have one, who will need hulu or flash? Not me.

2. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

How do they know all this?

3. jedolley macrumors 68000

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^Who cares how they know. If it's true there are some neat apps. I'm not quite through the list, but wow.

5. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

So then how do we know this is a complete list?

6. cualexander thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't know where their source is. Maybe Apple has all this published on the server already somewhere, but just not in iTunes. Too many apps and looks too complete to be just made up. I mean they have 3 screenshots for every app(click on the main one to see the others). It's got to be true, otherwise someone would have had to spend an awfully long time for nothing.

UPDATE: Looks like they are sourcing it straight from Apple. The image links goto phobos.apple.com. So seems legit.

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

Apple approved a ton of iPad apps today, which means the metadata for them has been added to the store and can be scraped by these app sites.

There could still be more approved between now and Saturday.

I found my app in the list, which was just approved tonight.

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I'm sure there are a few apps that Apple isn't giving the meta-data out for. The really big ones.

As if ABC and the WSJ and netflix isn't enough already.

9. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

10. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Wow! I was not at all expecting a full-blown Netflix app with the ability to stream. That is absolutely wonderful news.

11. bsblvnv macrumors regular

Complete list? I must have seen the same app 6 times already. There are a lot here but most of it is just copied and pasted from the page before.

12. jedolley macrumors 68000

I don't know if its the complete list, but you aren't seeing the same app multiple times. It's just the way they setup the pages, it's actually scrolling down instead of showing a brand new page of apps. So some of the app remain on the page, but newer ones appear at the bottom.

13. lotusindigo macrumors regular

lotusindigo

^^ I was confused by that too, and can't figure out why they decided to do it that way. It's a page with a large number of square icons, with no clear indication that it was "scrolling;" people can hardly be blamed if they think they're seeing the same apps twice. Appadvice should have put new apps on every successive page, the way people expect to view them. We don't need to see the previous one at the top of the page; we've already seen them, and that's why we hit the "Next" link.

14. cualexander thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I think that's just due to the way they are scraping all the content from the Apple site. It will let you keep going past the end of the list. And also to me, it still looks like a bunch of junk apps are in this list, which is kind of disappointing really. Don't get me wrong, there are some gems, just the junk makes them harder to catch.

15. bsblvnv macrumors regular

Well I just saw they have Harbor Master HD, and by the way its FREE, I'm starting to think 32GB might not be enough.:D

16. lotusindigo macrumors regular

lotusindigo

Oh, so you're saying the list is constantly being updated?

17. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

18. JZ Wire macrumors regular

JZ Wire

Sweet!

Opps, posted on the wrong topic. Anyway, the apps look cool and some of the developers look like they've gotten pretty creative with their apps.

19. cualexander thread starter macrumors 6502a

Possibly. I'm in no way affiliated with the site though, so I can't speak to that for a fact. Would seem logical though.

20. jedolley macrumors 68000

If so, it was really well done.

21. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Nice try.

22. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

i find it complete bs that they are charging 8 times more then the iphone version that is little to no work for the developer

23. admanimal macrumors 68040

Who is "they"?

24. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

the developers