Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
^Who cares how they know. If it's true there are some neat apps. I'm not quite through the list, but wow.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I don't know where their source is. Maybe Apple has all this published on the server already somewhere, but just not in iTunes. Too many apps and looks too complete to be just made up. I mean they have 3 screenshots for every app(click on the main one to see the others). It's got to be true, otherwise someone would have had to spend an awfully long time for nothing.

UPDATE: Looks like they are sourcing it straight from Apple. The image links goto phobos.apple.com. So seems legit.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
How do they know all this?

Apple approved a ton of iPad apps today, which means the metadata for them has been added to the store and can be scraped by these app sites.

There could still be more approved between now and Saturday.

I found my app in the list, which was just approved tonight.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Apple approved a ton of iPad apps today, which means the metadata for them has been added to the store and can be scraped by these app sites.

There could still be more approved between now and Saturday.

I found my app in the list, which was just approved tonight.

I'm sure there are a few apps that Apple isn't giving the meta-data out for. The really big ones.

As if ABC and the WSJ and netflix isn't enough already.

Prolif1k

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2009
Wow! I was not at all expecting a full-blown Netflix app with the ability to stream. That is absolutely wonderful news.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Complete list? I must have seen the same app 6 times already. There are a lot here but most of it is just copied and pasted from the page before.

I don't know if its the complete list, but you aren't seeing the same app multiple times. It's just the way they setup the pages, it's actually scrolling down instead of showing a brand new page of apps. So some of the app remain on the page, but newer ones appear at the bottom.

lotusindigo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
^^ I was confused by that too, and can't figure out why they decided to do it that way. It's a page with a large number of square icons, with no clear indication that it was "scrolling;" people can hardly be blamed if they think they're seeing the same apps twice. Appadvice should have put new apps on every successive page, the way people expect to view them. We don't need to see the previous one at the top of the page; we've already seen them, and that's why we hit the "Next" link.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I don't know if its the complete list, but you aren't seeing the same app multiple times. It's just the way they setup the pages, it's actually scrolling down instead of showing a brand new page of apps. So some of the app remain on the page, but newer ones appear at the bottom.

Yeah, I think that's just due to the way they are scraping all the content from the Apple site. It will let you keep going past the end of the list. And also to me, it still looks like a bunch of junk apps are in this list, which is kind of disappointing really. Don't get me wrong, there are some gems, just the junk makes them harder to catch.

bsblvnv

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Las Vegas

Well I just saw they have Harbor Master HD, and by the way its FREE, I'm starting to think 32GB might not be enough.:D

lotusindigo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
Yeah, I think that's just due to the way they are scraping all the content from the Apple site. It will let you keep going past the end of the list. And also to me, it still looks like a bunch of junk apps are in this list, which is kind of disappointing really. Don't get me wrong, there are some gems, just the junk makes them harder to catch.

Oh, so you're saying the list is constantly being updated?

JZ Wire

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2003
Miami, FL
Sweet!

Opps, posted on the wrong topic. Anyway, the apps look cool and some of the developers look like they've gotten pretty creative with their apps.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
i find it complete bs that they are charging 8 times more then the iphone version that is little to no work for the developer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.