Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lolwatpear

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2013
1. yellow tint/backlight bleed on bottom bezel
2. boring, washed out colors that doesn't hold a candle to my most of my recent tablet/phone purchases.
3. image retention after only a few minutes using that square test

I'm returning it asap. Where exactly did my ~$550 for a LTE 16gb ipad mini that only functions as a media consumption device go? Certainly not quality control, but cost cutting. How do they get the one thing that needs to be right, so wrong, ie the screen?

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009
Don't say that. I ordered my rMini on the 12th and it's still not dispatched. After all this wait, if I get it and it's faulty, the replacement probably won't arrive until January. :S

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Problems don't exist - amirite?

They do. And the OP lucked out and got them all, and will be returning the iPad. Is there something specific you are expecting, like "yeah! Apple quality is terrible!"

Sorry, can't oblige. My iPad has none of those problems. But if yours does, then by all means, return it. If mine had those problems, I'd return it too.

AlecEdworthy

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
Leicestershire, UK
Don't say that. I ordered my rMini on the 12th and it's still not dispatched. After all this wait, if I get it and it's faulty, the replacement probably won't arrive until January. :S
Calm down dear! Most purchasers of rMinis almost certainly do not suffer from the bleeding backlight (I certainly don't), couldn't detect the gamut issue unless they did a side-by-side comparison to another device with (closer to) sRGB reproduction and will never experience the burn in issue (even if their rMini is susceptible to it, which many aren't) because they don't put their rMini into a situation where it could arise unless they're deliberately looking for it. The burn in is temporary, the gamut issue is not device specific (so a swap will not alleviate it) which leaves only the backlight bleed which I agree is an issue which warrants corrective action (albeit I've not experienced it myself so am just going off other people's threads).

A

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
Look at it this way, some people got one defective device and returned it for another with a different issue, you've gotten all the bad luck out if the way in one fell swoop.

Chances are your replacement will be spot on. Of course chances are that it would be anyway but looking at it the other way may make you feel better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.