iPad mini Apparantly every possible negative of the rmini is true and happened to me..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lolwatpear, Nov 21, 2013.

1. lolwatpear macrumors member

1. yellow tint/backlight bleed on bottom bezel
    2. boring, washed out colors that doesn't hold a candle to my most of my recent tablet/phone purchases.
    3. image retention after only a few minutes using that square test

I'm returning it asap. Where exactly did my ~$550 for a LTE 16gb ipad mini that only functions as a media consumption device go? Certainly not quality control, but cost cutting. How do they get the one thing that needs to be right, so wrong, ie the screen?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

By design. :rolleyes:

3. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Problems don't exist - amirite?

4. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

Don't say that. I ordered my rMini on the 12th and it's still not dispatched. After all this wait, if I get it and it's faulty, the replacement probably won't arrive until January. :S

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

They do. And the OP lucked out and got them all, and will be returning the iPad. Is there something specific you are expecting, like "yeah! Apple quality is terrible!"

Sorry, can't oblige. My iPad has none of those problems. But if yours does, then by all means, return it. If mine had those problems, I'd return it too.

6. scupking macrumors 6502a

No issue with my rMini and I like the color of the screen over other tablets....

7. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

8. AlecEdworthy macrumors 6502

AlecEdworthy

Calm down dear! Most purchasers of rMinis almost certainly do not suffer from the bleeding backlight (I certainly don't), couldn't detect the gamut issue unless they did a side-by-side comparison to another device with (closer to) sRGB reproduction and will never experience the burn in issue (even if their rMini is susceptible to it, which many aren't) because they don't put their rMini into a situation where it could arise unless they're deliberately looking for it. The burn in is temporary, the gamut issue is not device specific (so a swap will not alleviate it) which leaves only the backlight bleed which I agree is an issue which warrants corrective action (albeit I've not experienced it myself so am just going off other people's threads).

A

9. donnaw macrumors 65816

Look at it this way, some people got one defective device and returned it for another with a different issue, you've gotten all the bad luck out if the way in one fell swoop.

Chances are your replacement will be spot on. Of course chances are that it would be anyway but looking at it the other way may make you feel better.