Apparently, the U.S. Government Will Be Overthrown. On Friday.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
OMG....aren't these little "militiamen" absolutely ADORABLE??? :D:D

This way the revolutionary cosplayers involved will still have the weekend, you know, to party.
Yes, this Friday, a group called Operation American Spring (OAS) plans to converge on Washington, DC and to overthrow both the Democratic and Republican political leadership, including President Obama, Majority Leader Harry Reid, Speaker John Boehner and Attorney General Eric Holder. Here’s a list of some of the crazy things OAS and its leader, Army Colonel Harry Riley (retired), are attempting to achieve:
–10 to 30 million protesters to mirror the crowds in Egypt, which, by the way, turned out really well. Yeah, okay. Drop “million” from that number and there you go.
–They plan to have a simultaneous protest in, you guessed it, Bunkerville, NV, in solidarity with scofflaw rancher (and the old man who knows something about the negro), Cliven Bundy.
–They intend to urge all of the non-deposed political leaders to dissolve the government by two-thirds its current size. Specifically, “West, Cruz, Dr. Ben Carson, Lee, DeMint, Paul, Gov Walker, Sessions, Gowdy” will assume leadership positions in the new government. I’m not sure if they realize that Allen West and Jim DeMint aren’t members of Congress anymore, but okay.
–The movement will seek to institute — wait for it — nullification in the states to overturn all federal taxes, including “employment taxes, employer taxes and income taxes.” Nullification always seems to pop up with these people. Their true Confederate roots are showing.
–Colonel Riley denounced the use of violence, so there’s that. The first “Rule of Engagement” on the OAS website is, admirably: “(1) No weapons. No ammunition. The Communist forces that control Washington DC do not recognize the 2nd Amendment and have banned all weapons and ammunition from the district.” However, if you recall, his supporters on right-wing radio think the military should stage a coup. But Colonel Riley believes the event will be “non-violent, unarmed, peaceful.” Does anyone seriously believe these people won’t be armed?
–Speaking of armed conflict, the OAS website warned, “Will this be a cake-walk? No, it will be painful, and some people may die because the government will not be non-violent; some of us will end up in a cell, and some may be injured.”
–Rest assured, though, Colonel Riley has a plan: “It is unclear how this will all unravel.” Or maybe not.
–Operation American Spring comes with a theme song!
–The official OAS website informs us that: “A duck cannot be turned into a fox; an elephant cannot be turned into a flea; the laws of nature will not permit.” Uh. What?
–Okay, this is funny. The third rule of engagement urges attendees: “If you don’t break the law you won’t get arrested. Follow the law. Keep it peaceful. No threats period.” Follow the law? No threats? They’re trying to overthrow the government. Breaking the law is their whole thing!
–If the overthrowing of the government lasts more than a day, attendees have been told to find lodging in DC, Maryland and Virginia. Because there aren’t any permits for tents. So, what? At sundown, the overthrowing of the government will stop while the OAS hop a Metro ride to the Motel 6 in Gaithersburg? Now, seriously, what the hell kind of overthrowing of the government is this anyway?
You know, it’s almost cute how earnest they are about this. They really, really believe it’ll happen. But obviously — obviously! — it won’t. At least a few dozen old white guys will get to pretend like they’re making a difference with their twisted, archaic agenda. They’ll get to play dress-em-up and take selfies like serious revolutionaries for a day and hang out at the National Mall, maybe take a look at a museum or two. And sorry, no, there will be no overthrowing of the government.
“No threats period.” Sheesh. Idiots.
Link

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
It's just too goddamn funny. My favorite part is the bit where they'll be staying at local motels since tent permits are not allowed. LMAO!!! :D
Now that's what I call a serious revolution!
I wonder if they realize how dumb they really are and how little America cares about them

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
No doubt the astroturfers are crouching just off-stage, ready to shovel in reinforcements to show "a growing movement".

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Let's have a little competition.

Based on reliable third party reports, how many attendees will be there? Closest guess, the first prize is... being called the winner.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Um... Yeah good luck with that. These people got to make sure not to get themselves killed. Everyone who has a gun in Washington DC dont play games.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
They'll probably draw a few thousand nut jobs at most. MSNBC will report the crowd was in the hundreds. Fox will report it as hundreds of thousands of patriots. CNN's reporter will be looking for flight 370 in the fountain at the National Mall.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
They'll probably draw a few thousand nut jobs at most. MSNBC will report the crowd was in the hundreds. Fox will report it as hundreds of thousands of patriots. CNN's reporter will be looking for flight 370 in the fountain at the National Mall.
I believe we agree on something... I think your media predictions are spot on.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Are we counting the sane people who show up just to witness this clown show?
I'm guessing that truly sane people have got better things to do with their leisure time.

CNN's reporter will be looking for flight 370 in the fountain at the National Mall.
The most effectual Top Cat! Love me some Mr. Downs. :D

Don't forget, NYC still owes me that hotdog and some pastrami (and a visit to the Guggenheim), although at this rate, I'll be drawing my pension before I'm back to raise merry hell in your hood.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I believe we agree on something... I think your media predictions are spot on.
I just threw up in my mouth a little. ;)

The most effectual Top Cat! Love me some Mr. Downs. :D

Don't forget, NYC still owes me that hotdog and some pastrami (and a visit to the Guggenheim), although at this rate, I'll be drawing my pension before I'm back to raise merry hell in your hood.

Nice to see you posting; you should do it more often.

The invitation is good for life!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Who would have guessed that some American Spring protesters would be carrying Confederate Flags and KKK flags?

That came from my Twitter feed. Haven't seen the pics myself.

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
There is a damn conspiracy, I tells ya.

[url=http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/05/oas-live-stream-operation-american-spring-live-stream-right-here-right-now-2957332.html]Josey Wales (before it's news)[/url] said:
Attention folks: The live stream feed is having technical difficulties, they are working on the feed at this time. This feed will be restored shortly.

Imagine that everyone, the live feed was taken down as soon as they demanded Obama be impeached or resign from office. Col. Riley was about to speak on behalf of OAS when the live feed was taken down.

Is this how they are going to silence the internet? Stay tuned, the live feed should be able to be restored. Thank you Everyone. Josey.

The Live Feed Has Been Restored, please share this Live Feed all weekend. TY

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
a report from the take-over

Operation American Spring, billed as a Friday morning multi-million patriot march on Washington, D.C., to oust leadership from the nation’s capital — from President Obama to House Speaker John Boeher — has proven woefully below expectations....

“It’s a very dismal turnout,” said Jackie Milton, 61, a Jacksboro, Texas, resident and the head of Texans for Operation American Spring, to The Washington Times....

...” Mr. Milton said. “Now it’s a nice sunny day. But this is a very poor turnout. It ain’t no millions. And it ain’t looking like there’s going to be millions. Hundreds is more like it.”....

...He also said the some of the planned Operation American Spring members who were planning to head to Washington, D.C., instead traveled to Nevada, to give support to cattle rancher Cliven Bundy in his fight against the federal government over grazing fees.

“A lot that were supposed to come here went there instead,” Mr. Milton said.
ok, y'all can put your guns away now, looks like they've headed to the Bundy Ranch