Apparently, We Need To Remind People That Pro-Choice Women Are Allowed To Have Babies

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
Apparently, We Need To Remind People That Pro-Choice Women Are Allowed To Hav...

I guess it's ok to determine when a baby inside the womb is a living human being.

Last edited by a moderator:

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
.......the fact that she is now pregnant is politicized. I find it kind of nonsensical.
...... the fact that she's a Clinton makes it both newsworthy and POLITICAL. I find it reasonable that they can't have the one without the other. :D

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
It is ok.

So, someone who is pro choice cannot have kids?
I don't think anyone is saying that.

I think you'll find that pro-life people want her to have that baby.

People are just pointing out that it's ironic that C. Clinton says she's pregnant "with a child" when the pro-choice movement routinely bends over backward to point out that it's not in-fact a child, but merely a clump of cells that's not even alive.

She's giving her own baby a level of humanity that she routinely denies for others.

I thought this tweet was particularly clever:

Waiting on @PPact to congratulate Chelsea Clinton on her "products of conception." When is the "uterine contents" shower?
Because it puts the pro-life's efforts to de-humanize a human fetus, in order to justify what's nothing more than a killing, into sharp focus.

This one was good too:

Alert!! @ChelseaClinton is harboring a lifeless clump of cells that she may choose to recognize as a person later!!! #awww

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind

People are just pointing out that it's ironic that C. Clinton says she's pregnant "with a child" when the pro-choice movement routinely bends over backward to point out that it's not in-fact a child, but merely a clump of cells that's not even alive.

She's giving her own baby a level of humanity that she routinely denies for others.

Because it puts the pro-life's efforts to de-humanize a human fetus, in order to justify what's nothing more than a killing, into sharp focus.

This one was good too:
Picking on the daughter of former political figures isn't clever - it's pathetic. Whether they're republicans or democrats.

And we all sit around and debate why this country is going to sh***.

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
I guess it's ok to determine when a baby inside the womb is a living human being.
Look at what Chelsea actually said:"Marc and I are very excited that we have our first child arriving later this yea"

Emphasis Mine.

The child is not here yet. It (he or she) is arriving later this year. Right now it is actually just a clump of cells - but a clump of cells that has the potential to become a child.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

(And why do we always end up having to so carefully parse the things these darn Clinton say?)

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Picking on the daughter of former political figures isn't clever - it's pathetic. Whether they're republicans or democrats.
Actually I pick on Bristol "Abstinence Only" Palin all the time. Not because she's the daughter of a political figure, but because she's a filthy hypocrite. How are you going to get pregnant at 16 and then preach "abstinence only" as if any teenage girl will listen to you?

----------

It's up to a mother to choose whether to humanize a parasitic clump of cells or not. Hence the term "pro-choice". How does she routinely deny a basic level of humanity for others? She prefers to leave the choice up to the pregnant women, it's not like she goes around encouraging newly pregnant women to have abortions. I love when the anti-choice crowd associated "pro-choice" with "abortion lovers".

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

This one was good too:

What a crock. The anti-abortion people wasted no time in lying about what she said and put their own political spin on it. For the record, here's what she said.

“One more thing to say very quickly,” Chelsea Clinton said as an event on the Lower East Side of Manhattan was coming to a close. “Marc and I are very excited that we have our first child arriving later this year.”

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I know, I see it ALL THE TIME. And not just when liberals are parodying them, I see it when the righties are actually trying to be serious. It's just further proof that the right wing of this country panders to the uneducated, anti-intellectual, anti-science crowd. These people call themselves "patriots" when in reality they are far from it, and if allowed to have their way will completely destroy the country within a short span of time. It'll all start with creationism in the classroom, from there we'll be well on our way to Idiocracy.
I don't think the improper use of their/there/they're is something that can be linked to ideological leaning.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
And the President said we have 57 states and Hank Johnson said Guam would tip over if we put too many troops on it.....what's your point?
Unless he accidently got a picture of you, there's a chance you should take a deep breath.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Unless he accidently got a picture of you, there's a chance you should take a deep breath.
Why's that? I'm trying to make a point and it is that the other side isn't stupid just because you disagree with them regardless of what pictures or quotes you might have on them.

Are there people that say/write dumb things? Sure. But there's plenty of that to go around for each side.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Why's that? I'm trying to make a point and it is that the other side isn't stupid just because you disagree with them regardless of what pictures or quotes you might have on them.

Are there people that say/write dumb things? Sure. But there's plenty of that to go around for each side.
And there is stupidity all around, that doesn't make it any less stupid.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
This is just a pathetic attack from those that have nothing better to do. Just let her celebrate her pregnancy, it's a wonderful thing.