Appeal to Apple: Refrain from Complacency

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by txflyfish, Sep 16, 2012.

1. txflyfish macrumors member

This is an appeal to Apple and to those of us who enjoy using Apple products. Do not become complacent!*

No one remains #1 forever. Has IBM? Sony? Microsoft? AOL? Dell? RIM? It's about how long you keep yourself above the rest. Competition is fierce and the gap is ever narrowing. Android is catching up at an alarming pace. We keep saying "its all about the user experience and look how it translates to sales!" The same can be said about Samsung, even though the two have such different way of appealing to their markets. We laugh at Samsung's childish ads and yet forget our recent genius ads.*

I have owned nearly the entire Apple line, multiple products, multiple generations. And while Apple is the best option out there is still have MUCH to improve upon. Keep innovating! Keep defending your innovations! And please have have someone in management sensible and brave enough to say we do not release junk!*

This year has been good so far on new products! Keep it up and please do not be complacent!

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

The market and iPhone 5 sales figures will determine if Apple is being "complacent" ;)

3. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

I have read this post and my core values have been rocked to the core.

I will immediately begin implementing these changes advised by you not only in the iPhone and iOS departments, but throughout all of Apple.

- Tim Cook

nah

4. txflyfish thread starter macrumors member

IP5 and RMBP are all solid releases and contrary to what many folks believe the ip5 does have a lot of important changes. The pre order sales are undeniable. But Apple cannot ignore the rate android OS and hardware manufacturers are improving! Everybody has their golden age, just look at Motorola, Nokia, RIM.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

I agree no company stays #1 forever. However, I think you are being a bit unfair to IBM. They may no longer be in the PC business, but they are a thriving company worth over $200 billion. Few companies can say they have been around for 12 decades. Apple's long term test will be in how it reinvents itself after Steve Jobs, who essentially invented it twice (at its founding, and then when he returned). They are a very different company now from what they were in 1997. In 2027 they will look very different from how they look now. Only time will tell whether it's an improvement.

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

microsoft is still number 1 with 90% of the desktop/laptops sold running windows.