Apple’s "Brick" has a rocky start

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by clamchowderz, Oct 27, 2008.

1. clamchowderz macrumors member

http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content-view-39908-145.html

So I bought my 2.4 alu macbook the very first day it came out. Should I be concerned?

on my receipt from the Apple Store it says: Return Date : 10/29/08

I dont want to return it, an exchange to prevent a future problem is what I am contemplating, thoughts?

I havent experience any of the listed problems, though the function keys do seem slanted now that ive paid closer attention.

2. 0007776 Suspended

If you don't have any problems then keep it even if you have problems later it has a warranty.

3. Dalius macrumors newbie

I'm planning to go buy my MacBook on Thursday... is it pretty much a lottery deciding whether you get a good model or not? Should I check the laptop before I leave the store?

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

That "article" seems to be based solely on posts from this forum. Not exactly investigative reporting. People today seem to think you can be a legitimate journalist from your bed. A few hundred complaints on a couple of forums does not a rocky start make.

5. Jpoon macrumors 6502a

Jpoon

People tend to take the comments of this forum way to seriously hehe.

6. ti2ibal1 macrumors member

The moon and stars must have been perfectly aligned when I bought mine, because I'm not having any issues with mine. The keys are fine, no dead pixels and the battery cover only moves less than 1/16th of an inch.

I'm very happy with mine!

7. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Some people will never be happy 'bout electronic devices... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Generally I always check for defects before I buy. There is nothing worse than coming home full of beans with £1000 worth of technology for it to not work at all.

9. 199708 macrumors 6502

and they have all teh right to do so. i dont make millions, so im after a unit that works and looks like its advertised.

10. thespyglass macrumors regular

thespyglass

Aw, you too?! I thought it was because I asked the guy in the Apple Store for the wink-wink, nudge-nudge, premium-non-faulty-edition they have in that hidden safe out back. ;)