Apple’s Vice President of iPhone and iPod engineering leaves the company

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrmjenkins, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This will be asked every time a person leaves Apple for the foreseeable future.

How does MR not run this story? Too busy writing about restaurants in Grand Central Terminal, I guess.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So there is truly some theory that people leave because Steve Jobs died? I think I'd stick it out long enough to find out what direction the company would go. Wonder who will take his place though.

And yes, 7% increase in sales of steak is serious business. :p

4. chrmjenkins thread starter macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I submitted it twice. They don't seem interested in covering it.

I doubt anyone is thinking "Well Steve is gone, company is dead, I'm out." I'm sure a lot of people were enveloped in his passion and he pleaded for them to stay, or that he had a direct influence on some team's dynamics. However, when you're part of the most valuable company in the world, it's obvious people like this and Ron Johnson are going to have opportunities to move on.

They still have Bob Mansfield, who I'm guessing this guy reported to. He'll be able to coordinate a capable replacement.

5. jon1987 macrumors regular

Why don't mac rumors run the story?

It's not about a lawsuit.

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Wait, so you're saying there's a Chinese company that is suing Apple?!?!?

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

He's buying into the idea that Nest will do for the home what Apple did for handheld electronics.

You know...all that stuff Bill Gates has been talking about for 30 years. He thinks that he and Tony Fadell can actually pull it off in the real world. If he's right there's a good chance that Nest could be one of the big boys some day, right alongside Apple.

I'm not saying I believe that,* I'm just saying that IF you believe it, leaving Apple makes sense.

* I want to believe it, but it's too early for me to tell one way or the other.

8. jon1987 macrumors regular

Hmmm if only we could have some more coverage about this. I heard there might be a few other lawsuits apple are involved in too? Surprising I know!
    If only someone on here could keep us up to date with every tiny detail.

:rolleyes:

9. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.