Apple’s hideous Smart Battery Case!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kkh786, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkh786, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015

kkh786 macrumors regular

kkh786

Apple have announced a new smart battery case.. yes you read it right..

Here is Apple’s full description of the case:

"The Smart Battery Case is engineered specifically for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6 to give you even longer battery life and protection. The soft microfiber lining on the inside helps protect your iPhone, while the soft elastomer hinge design makes it easy to put the case on and take it off again. On the outside, the silky, soft-touch finish of the silicone exterior feels great in your hand.

Charge your iPhone and battery case simultaneously for increased talk time up to 25 hours, Internet use up to 18 hours on LTE, and even longer audio and video playback.* With the Smart Battery Case on, the intelligent battery status is displayed on the iPhone Lock screen and in Notification Center, so you know exactly how much charge you have left.

The battery case supports Lightning accessories, such as the Lightning to USB Cable (included with your iPhone) and works with the iPhone Lightning Dock (sold separately). Choose from two complementary colors."

[​IMG]
    Wow! So many things come to mind! Hypocrisy is one! LOL

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Have you seen it? Why the outrage? Why calling it hypocritical?

C

3. TJ82 macrumors 6502

From the Apple internal memo.

"Thank you [name retracted] for your request to thicken the iPhone 6S case by a few millimetres to fit in your new battery design. It is impressive, granted, and I admire the single-mindedness of engineering team. However the cost of the new battery would be absorbed into the original retail price and would affect our margin on the phone. I have listened to your concerns about feedback regarding battery life from our loyal customers and have taken a few minutes to sketch a solution that will serve not only to extend the 6S battery life, but all to get more money out of 6S owners. I recommend a release around Christmas when people are too busy to think things through properly. A mark up of 700% or so will be adequate.

Regards,
    Jony"

2 days later.

" [name retracted],

I hope you're not suggesting that something I design will not be popular with consumers. Perhaps you need reminded who you're talking to. You will address me as Sir from here on out. To prove my point I have edited the earlier design with a soft-brushed dirt-attracting hard-to-clean finish and a battery indicator ON THE INSIDE of the case.

And it will sell.

Remember your place.

Sir Ive."

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

BTW... It's not my cup of tea, but then I simply won't buy one. No biggie. No cause for outrage.

C

5. kkh786 thread starter macrumors regular

kkh786

Because.. Apple are ever thinning the iPhone and telling us we have enough battery amperage to last a day and all iPhone consumers are happy etc.. and now they come up (and admit) with this monstrosity that the iPhone battery life may not actually be enough for some?! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.