Apple”TV” App question

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by taran420, Apr 13, 2018.

1. taran420 macrumors 6502a

Thinking about getting Apple TV and I’m intrigued by the TV app by Apple.

So it combines all your streaming subscriptions (Hulu Netflix hbo etc) in one place). Does it also add up all seasons from various sources? Example if Hulu has season 1 of a show and Netflix has season 2, will it combine it and show all available seasons?

And which streaming subscriptions can it combine? I didn’t find a full list

Thanks!

2. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

Yes, it does, but not all services participate. For example, Netflix does not work with the TV app, at least the last time I check it doesn't.

I think it will, although I do not use it enough to know.

The TV app definitely has it limitations. For example, if you have more than one person using your ATV, the TV app does not take in account for profiles/multiple users.

This is bad for multiple reasons. One would be that if multiple people are watching the same show, but on different episodes, the TV app doesn't tell the difference between users, and it would not be able to be used.

Another issue is using the TV app to launch a show. If my daughter was the last person using Hulu, and I use the TV app to watch a show that is in Hulu, the show will appear on her profile, not mine.

Sometimes it asks what profile, but it doesn't always ask, and it isn't often.

All that said, do to the limitations of the TV app, I gave up on using it a long time ago, so maybe some of the issues have been fixed.

3. taran420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah thank you. This actually helps a lot as I already have a fire tv and this feature intrigued me about the APTV. Maybe I’ll hold off for now

Thanks!

4. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

nrvna76

Does it integrate with directv now or YouTube tv?