Apple 2.0: Apple sells 425,000 iPhone 3Gs in three days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattpol, Jul 14, 2008.

1. sibruk macrumors 6502a

And they probably would have had a "1 million unit weekend" if they had got decent numbers of them out to the networks.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Good

That's pretty good considering that all the iTunes server problems slowed things down considerably the first day.

I see we once again have the "investors hoped for 1-million units" thing...same as last year.

I'd love to know how these "investors" came up with this wild number. I mostly heard about long lines at every store, which indicates to me that they tried to sell them as fast as they can and still only came up with 40% of that number. Yes, the activations problems slowed them down, but even without that can you see them selling more than double that? (So, only 80% of that "million" goal.)

Meaning; I think those "investors" are just making **** up.

3. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

And we were confused why there server's were down....
    This is what happens when Apple doesnt feed the salivating hungry crowd with the 1gen iPhone for about two months:D

But seriously, you have analysts for these kind of jobs and Apple should've expected this! It no reason for their horrible MMe and Activations!:mad:

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Yeah, considering I rang round some Apple Stores on Friday, and some kindly informed me that they had not been able to sell one unit,
    all due to the O2 system crash at 9AM on the 11th, this is an insanely great launch for Apple, considering.

425,000 Whoa - If that pace of selling keeps up, they'll of hit 1M by Friday 17th (the France launch).

R-Fly

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I think you're right...they'll hit 1 million insanely fast. So who cares if it's in the first weekend or just the first 10 days? They're getting sold, just the same.

I understand why big weekends are important for movies because their sales continue to drop off, no matter what. But a phone isn't like that. It will keep selling as long as people keep wanting it. There's nothing magical about the first weekend.

6. ibrainch macrumors regular

real number is one million!

apple announced this morning that they sold one million iphones over the weekend and had 10 million apps downloaded - i'd say that is a great start. especially given that i haven't picked mine up yet (waiting for lines to shorten)...

7. meagain macrumors 68030

You might want to edit the title of this thread or have it deleted now.

8. iPaul macrumors regular

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I don't think even Apple supporters thought 10million apps would be downloaded so quickly

10. jpeso2525 macrumors member

jpeso2525

10 Million apps is a lot! Although, I am not impressed with all the apps except for MySpace Mobile which means nothing to me because I don't use MySpace that much.