iPad Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter Not working on iPad 3 after 7.1.1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macrumorshelp, Jun 22, 2014.

1. macrumorshelp macrumors newbie

I just updated my iPad 3 to 7.1.1 and now when I plug my Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter I get a message that reads "this accessory is not supported by this ipad" and I no longer get a picture on my TV (via HDMI). I see somebody else has had this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6288116?tstart=0

Does anybody have any advice? This is really horrible timing, as I'm hosting a World Cup gathering today and hoping to stream from my iPad but I have a feeling that will not be happening. Thank you for your help!

2. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

Weird, but its been known for random stuff like this to break in betas. Post back if you figure anything out...

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iOS 7.1.1 isn't in beta stage anymore. It's a public release as of the first post in this thread.

4. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

I recently gave my 3 to my sister so not sure what OS she's put on it since but I would get that same message when using the adapter and just had to pull the cover down away from the connector and make sure it was a firm connection. Always worked when I did that despite telling me it wasn't supported.

5. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

Wow, for some reason I thought this was on beta. I was in the beta thread alot today. My apologies.

Maybe try to get with someone that has the same cable, could be odd timing and the cable is shot now...