Apple 4S purchased in Craigs List

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I purchased an Apple iP4s on craigs list form a very reputible young man that I met at the verizon store (he works there) and purchased his iP4s. I set it up for my wife who came from an LG ENVY. We used the setting->erase all data and then set up the phone.

I am at work and my wife is very new to the IP4S so I don't know what the issue is, but she cannot send text to some of her contact and no problem to others. I am not sure if there are more symptoms or not.

Some people with iphones get them, others do not, so far no SMS text work. Any ideas on what I can check when I get home?

Thanks very much!

Jeff

2. martinm0 macrumors 6502a

Did you purchased a Text message plan when you set up the phone for your wife initially? The iPhone supports iMessage, so if she's texting friends with iPhones and its using iMessage, I can see why those would work and the standard SMS messages would not. (iMessage texts have a blue background while SMS are green). Have her confirm what colors she's seeing on the successful and the failed messages.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Are the only people she can successfully text iPhone users?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd try a reset network settings.
    Or restore.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Be sure to check all settings under settings, messages. SMS may not even be enabled. :cool: