Apple 5th Ave (NYC): Kudos to a job well-done

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rapps, Jul 11, 2008.

1. rapps macrumors regular

Just got home from the 5th ave store. I got in line about 5:30ish. I slept overnight for the first launch and I'd say I was about 2x as far back today. The line moved super quick. Apple must have had over 100 on staff to activate. Doors opened at 8 and I was out by 9, and I'd say I was about 150th in line. Very smooth, very friendly....glad I went there as opposed to AT&T.

2. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

I'd expect nothing less at flagship stores such as the 5th avenue store or the Michigan Avenue Store here in Chicago. Those are the stores the media go to...so of course they will make sure things go as smoothly as possible. It's the smaller stores I'm worrying about.

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I hope they have alot of inventory i plan on passing by at 11am. hopefully there wont be any line. if there is i'll go back at 4 or so. I work nearby.

4. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Exactly....no way Apple is going to be low on stock at the 5th avenue store nor are they going to be low on staff. Perception is everything.

5. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Oh they probably have enough to last into next month...meanwhile the rest of the country suffers through shortages.