Apple activation support line is the worst!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by topology, Jun 23, 2009.

1. topology macrumors newbie

I got an email from apple. They asked me to call 1-877-284-6834 to solve my activation issue. Every time I called, either no one answer it, or got the "please hold" forever. I lost my whole morning for this and still has nobody on the phone! :mad::mad::mad:

2. encircle macrumors newbie

I know! I waited for 20 min but I gave up. I called back and got through to a rep after 40 minutes. Longest wait ever!

3. topology thread starter macrumors newbie

Luck you! I wait for so long and have to give up at noon because I am starving!!

4. topology thread starter macrumors newbie

Another 80 mins after lunch, still no one answer my call!!!!!

Oh man, should I give up?

5. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I got that e-mail last night and all of my iPhones are already activated... weird. I called anyway this morning and was on hold for 30 minutes before I gave up... they must have just one guy running that whole place.

6. topology thread starter macrumors newbie

I am thinking ZERO people running....

7. staplerinjelle macrumors newbie

I registered just to post in this thread...

I got the "problem during activation" email from Apple this morning with the 1-877-284-6834 number. I called it on two separate phones; on one I gave up after 90 minutes, while on the other I have been on hold for 3 HOURS and counting. (Thank god for speakerphone.)

Has anyone else actually gotten through? I'm starting to think there's no one in that call center.

8. bman6185 macrumors newbie

I believe that this is a scam. First of all if it was really Apple it wouldn't skip any automated redirecting system and a person wouldn't immediately pick up. Second of all, all Apple phone support is in the USA, and the three times I called the person was foreign. To be safe I'd call Apple directly at 1800-MY-APPLE and see what they say.

9. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

The thread is over a year old. How would you know today it was a scam ?

10. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing that since the iPhone 5 was recently released, he also received the email mentioned by the OP. A simple search shows that these threads pop up every year when a new iPhone is released, all of them debating wether or not this number is legit or a scam.

People who receive the email and question the legitimacy of the number probably google the number, and that brings this thread up as the first result.