Apple Adds Microsoft's Xbox Wireless Controller to its Online Store

Necross

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2011
I personally like the feel of the xbox controllers the best, i hate how my pinkys hang off the edge of the handle on the PS controllers.. but I do like how they have the little touchpad thingy

Reactions: head_bigg

Tucom

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Best controller ever made - the new Elite 2.0 is essentially Apple build quality and design, so no brainer they have clear appreciate for Microsofts serious quality in their gaming, ahem game.

Super cool to see these two play along.

K, I'm done.

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality..."
What kills me is with my Windows workstation, I have to use a USB cable. And the lag is so bad, it is useless. I am not the only one experiencing this.

I really have to wonder which video card Apple has that they expect mainstream users to use for gaming? A Vega Pro 48 with 27" iMac is $2750!
My Elite controller works fine on my gaming PC with USB - Windows 10..

Are you using Windows 10, or Windows Workstation? :p (LOL)

jst_testing

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2017
I have a question on remote streaming for both PS4 and XBOX controllers:

When you remote stream to iOS, and connect either controllers to it, I'm assuming it is fully compatible right? Like you don't have to leave your controllers connected to your gaming consoles?

ersan191

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2013
Does the R3 and L3 work yet?
Yes
- - Post merged: - -

I have a question on remote streaming for both PS4 and XBOX controllers:

When you remote stream to iOS, and connect either controllers to it, I'm assuming it is fully compatible right? Like you don't have to leave your controllers connected to your gaming consoles?
Yes

Wonder if they're gonna sell PS4 controllers too

iapplelove

macrumors 601
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I will always be a Sony guy. Dual shock works great with iOS too...

Play RDR2 all the time on my iPad

Apple is one of the largest corporations in the world yet they can't produce their own game controller? It seems so odd to me.
it’s not that they “can’t”.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2017
Florida
Having an Xbox One and only using the included controllers, I’m pissed they won’t connect to my phone with iOS 13. I’m not going to spend the money to buy a controller that’s virtually the same just to play some light mobile games.

Reactions: FaustsHausUK

mi7chy

macrumors 603
Oct 24, 2014
Returned a newly bought Xbox One controller due to uneven feel of d-pad buttons. Prefer arcade sticks, Wii U Pro and Switch Pro controllers.

No emulators allowed on iOS like Retroarch so these controllers won't be put to full use anyway.

Wokis

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
I was like ”neat, I can connect my xbone controllers to the ipad and apple TV whenever necessary” until I realized I only own not one but two of the slightly older model of the controller that does not support bluetooth but only microsoft’s proprietary radio.. not spending that money again. Hope they add Nintendo Switch Pro controller support.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Kansas
Microsoft controllers are really ergonomic - perfect for binge sessions. Ive always preferred PlayStation console but Xbox controller is hands down better as it does not fatigue my hands.
Everybody's hand is different. I find the XBox controllers do not fit my hands at well. The Dualshock is near perfect- for me.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Microsoft controllers are really ergonomic - perfect for binge sessions. Ive always preferred PlayStation console but Xbox controller is hands down better as it does not fatigue my hands.
Nah.. I have used PS3 and PS4 controllers, and I have a XB1 here for some games only on Xbox. Much prefer the DS4 controller. Biggest pro is that the two joy sticks are symmetrical positioned vs. your thumbs.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
Can anyone recommend an iOS controller that is portable, is designed to have the phone fit in it like a switch (or otherwise has a holder), and works with GTA SA on iOS?

ilikewhey

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
Well considering it's not black friday...
But it’s not Black Friday.
Good for you, but that's Black Friday? Your point? Best Buy has them at full price currently... Jeesh.
yes very good for me, i didnt pay msrp, normal price is around 40, and what is your point? jeeesh.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Obviously a difference in hand sizes for fatigue to set in. Between my One X and PS4 Pro, I seem to gravitate towards the dual shock, but I don’t have a problem using the Xbox controller either, I just find it to be more ‘bulky’ (But not in a bad way). It’s really a to each their own
Type of situation, Pros/Cons to both controllers.

On a side note:

I think the The vibration motor in the Xbox controller doesn’t seem as strong/prominent as compared to the dual shock.