APPLE Advertising Blitz during SUPERBOWL

Meandmunch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Will Apple premier the new iMac to the world during the Superbowl? If you have downloaded the new "all about" iMac video you can clearly see that the first minute or so is Apples newset TV ad. I am refering to the dancing iMac. I think it is totally cool and will absolutly captivate viewers. Lets hope Jobs opened up his wallet for this one. It's the perfect time and place.

Rock on APPLE!!!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
as much as I was against the idea of it 2 weeks ago....

now I'm thinking it would be very cool to see something during the Super Bowl....

right now the whole city is in a frenzy with it....mayhem!!!! :eek:

Comment

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
while it's great for the city and economy....it's such a pain in the @ss for us who live here.....we can't even go downtown without it being an event....

can't wait for it to be over... :rolleyes:

Comment

maclamb

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2002
Northern California
what I want to know is what hw did they use to do the 3d animation?

If Pixar did it (where the original jumping light imagery was born) - I heard they use intel based workstations - and it's steve's company so maybe,

or was it done on a mac?

I heard the original zooming Inside Pentium commericals were done on a mac b/c the perntiium was too slow (then) to do the rendering in time...

Comment

networkman

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2002
california, usa
i also was against it last week but with 150,000 imacs already ordered, let's see an ad at the superbowl and maybe those armchair quarterbacks will take up computing instead of budweiser

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.