Apple allowing all these leaked iPhone5 pictures ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darthdingo, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I am shocked to see all these leaked iPhone5 pictures, or whatever is it be named. I thought Apple was said to double down on leaks and and be super top secret. But if this is true, then the new iPhone will not surprise anyone, it is all over the internet lately.

Do you think Tim Cook will walk on stage in a couple of months with the new iPhone, and everyone will say, oh we have seen that since Summer, and it won't come across as such a big reveal ?

Or is it possible, all these "leaked" parts pictures are a big controlled master plan of a hoax from Apple ? And Apple will reveal a totally redesigned iPhone instead, and totally shock and surprise us ?

To me these iPhone5 pictures look extremely underwhelming, and still the same design as the outdated iPhone4. Ok so now it is taller and has a 4" screen, uh ok...:rolleyes: That's it ? Just taller to allow a 6th row of app icons, the OS still looks like the app drawer was left open, and still uses the same icon pictures from 2007, and has that kiddy Fischer-Price toy theme all over the OS still. Where is the innovation and all new artistry from Apple ? To me looks like the same old thing, for years now, even with a small 4" screen.

What happened to those rumors last year of Apple making a $ billion investment to LG to produce a new 4.3" screen for a future product ?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

In the past Apple has done controlled leaks to weed out workers who "do the leaks". If you compare previous years pictures and photos of the iPhone, you will see that they match eerily the pictures of iPhone prototypes pre-2007 iPhone. I have a feeling the "tall iPhone" is just that, another controlled leak.

3. Darthdingo thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree, and will not be shocked to see a 4.3" screen, manufactured by LG, but they will find a way to make the bezel and phone itself small still, in a good way, but with a totally new killer design.

But if the new iPhone, is indeed matching these leaks, I am afraid to say, the iPhone will end up like BlackBerry eventually, a once dominate force #1 brand in the market, now barely surviving. This will not happen right away of course, but I can see in 5 years time, Apple and the iPhone not being the top dog like they are now, if they just go down the safe and bland route.

4. Darthdingo thread starter macrumors 6502a

If Apple does truly shock us with a whole new design, with 4.3" screen...LED Notification light like BlackBerry...Widgets...I will be seriously tempted back to an iPhone. But to be honest, I am most eagerly awaiting the next Nexus device this November, first. Then decide between that, or a brand new iPhone.

5. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Here is why I am holding the hope that these are controlled leaks as a hoax/distraction:

1: Tim Cook's Secrecy Comment... Yes I know that some leaks happened right as he said that, but if what he said was true... We should not have continued to see more leaks of the phone and its parts.

2: It will most likely BLOW up on the internet if they blow us away with a new design... I have seen several articles on Yahoo showing the "Only taller" iPhone as well on my local news. If that is not the real iPhone, it will be all over the media and they will also talk about how Apple used a prototype to distract everyone from the Real Design.

6. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

The only thing that I would see possible with the 5 would be the 4.3" screen. LED notification light would take away the usage of NC. Widgets, I would really like them to put those in, but that would be part of OS, not a phone.

7. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

I'm just waiting for an Apple employee to "accidentally" forget the latest version at a bar. It's getting to be about that time of the year.:D

8. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I'm essentially in the same hold pattern.

Jelly Bean was in some ways a downgrade for me. I'm excited for the next iPhone and Nexus devices. I'm not expecting much from the iPhone though. And I'm really hoping the next Nexus comes with a patch that fixes the issues with JB.

9. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I think Apple will stay on top regardless of whether this is leak or not.

What I am curious about is what happens IF Apple does win their current patent battle with Samsung. I personally would be rather disappointed if it results in a poorer product for Android. Or God forbid if Samsung wins their claim against Apple regarding Apple's use of their patented 3g technology in which they claim that without that tech that the iPhone would never have gotten off the ground.

Sometimes I wish I understood this stuff better and the ramifications of all of these patent lawsuits.

10. Darthdingo thread starter macrumors 6502a

What is everyone's opinion, whether these leaks are indeed the new iPhone, or Apple is truly going to surprise everyone, with something new and completely different, no one has seen yet ?

11. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Try this, in the name of science and to stop speculation for the mere sake of speculating.

From day 1 of iPhone rumors, estimate the number of "leaked photos".
    Now, take that number and subtract the number that actually turned out correct.
    This will leave you with such a high number it should hopefully prove that the likelihood of these recent "leaked photos" being real isn't likely at all.

As for Apple allowing them......really?

12. Darthdingo thread starter macrumors 6502a

More important is to update iOS, not just the phone design. Ok lets say they upgrade to a 4" screen, big whip :rolleyes: So now they allow 6 rows of app icons; LOL. They need to go 4.3" screen size in my opinion. And they really need to ditch the whole home screen look of the app drawer always open :rolleyes: And also ditch that lame "Fischer-Price" toy theme all over iOS.

A screen full of app icons still is the same as from 2007, come on, that is so outdated, only iSheep don't care, and I guess that is all Apple cares about anyway, they buy the iPhone in droves.

How bout at least make the weather app icon show the true current weather, not always showing 73 degrees and Sunny, if its freezing cold winter :rolleyes: Update iOS to something fresh and new, and call it "magical" and "amazing" like Apple is good at marketing.

13. cynics macrumors G4

Are these leaks from Apple or just renderings from users/artist? There is nothing stopping a photoshop pro from making what he/she hopes the iPhone looks like.

14. burnside macrumors 6502

Almost all the leaked iPhone 5 (or next iPhone) have been the same. No matter which source leaks these photos, they are eerily consistent with other leaked photos. So the answer to your equation will be all or none in the end. Either all the leaks were correct or not one of them were. I'm thinking they are all correct and Tim's poker face is one of the worse in history.

15. Darthdingo thread starter macrumors 6502a

If the leaks are true, won't Tim feel like a chump, being all excited for the brand new reveal to the public, and he pulls out of his pocket, this phone that has been all over the internet the last few months ? Where is the surprise in that ? It is basically just the iPhone4/4S but taller :rolleyes: Where is the innovation ?

Or is Apple sticking to the mantra of "if you can't innovate, you gotta litigate".

16. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

If apple were to have the images pulled it would confirm its an apple product. By doing nothing they can keep people sceptical and wondering.

I do think the parts we see are rejects that have made it out of the production line. More than Likely the parts were trash due to being out of spec (recent pics showing the volume button the wrong way) and they were taken out of the trash and shown to the world. If they were taken out of the production line then numbers wouldn't match the quota and someone would be in trouble for stealing a part.

17. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

For Sure... I still expect the phone to be announced in October. Last Year, The only consistent expected Product Reveal date was late October, yet we also saw July, August, September... But October was mentioned the whole time. When did we see the first leak for the taller iPhone? May/June right? That is well ahead of the reveal. I won't believe the September 12th rumor until it is proven by Apple with a "Lets Talk iPhone" invitation going around.

EDIT: I still hope this leak is a fake, but I doubt it will be.

18. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I think it's real unfortunately and I hate it. Elongated 4" sucks and the two tone back is ugly. I'd like to see the same screen ration in 4" but preferable 4.3".