Apple Alu Keyboard and Magic Trackpad - With the new Macbook Tech, will you buy them?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by the8thark, Mar 9, 2015.

1. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

We all have seen the new tech Apple invented for the keyboard and trackpad in the new ultra thin macbook. If these new technologies migrate to the stand alone Apple Alu Keyboard and stand alone Magic Trackpad, will you buy them?

I certainly will, I'll be at the Apple store as soon as it opens to get both.

And what do you think about this? And do you think this will come any time soon.

2. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502

satinsilverem2

Wondering the same thing. I would love an magic force touch trackpad. The keyboard wouldn't really change much for me. Although I would guess that with the new force touch tech, especially the taptic feedback would use quite a bit more battery power.

3. diggy33 macrumors 6502

diggy33

Neither are a must have for me. If what I currently have breaks, and thats all they offer at the time, then I'd get them. But I'm not enticed enough to go out and buy them once, or if, they are released.

4. Psyfuzz, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015

Psyfuzz macrumors 6502

Psyfuzz

I'd be interested in trying them before committing.

The Keyboard would be interesting given the mixed feelings some have had with early access to it so that's a definite 'we'll see' scenario. I did feel they were going of their way to make the traditional keyboard seem worse than it actually is, I've never heard anyone call the original mechanism unresponsive or complained that the keys don't fully depress at all four corners etc. I like having a bit of travel to my keys.

As far as the force touch track pad goes I'd be immediately interested. I've never liked the way the current trackpad clicks, much less solid feeling than the click of a macbook trackpad. So I'd love to see if they could improve on that with the force touch.

I wonder what compatibility would be like for these peripherals, whether they'd limit it to all machines with Yosemite, all machines with Bluetooth 4.0 etc.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Not the trackpad as I use a Wacom and I like that I can just grab the pen and start drawing, but I'd love to give the new keyboard a go.

6. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

New keyboard wouldn't interest me, it's purely for thinness, which isn't needed for the desktop keyboard.

Trackpad may convince me to buy one.