Apple and AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple111115, Sep 14, 2013.

1. apple111115 macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I have three questions in preparation for iPhone 5S launch.

1. I am eligible for an early upgrade on AT&T, can Apple use that price at the store (will they honor it)?

2. Are all AT&T company stores pretty much guaranteed to have at least a few in stock?

3. Do they have to take the phone out and activate it at an AT&T or Apple Store? Thanks!

2. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Really? I mean seriously...

3. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Yes to all your questions except #3. I am not sure if you have to activate the phone in store.

4. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I've experienced both. Not sure what Apple's policy is on it.

5. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

The corporate store near me had a good stock of phones last year, but the authorized reseller near me hardly has any. The only way to know for sure is to call.

6. SluGuru macrumors regular

Unfortunately, this forum is one of the worst places to ask questions. You either run into people who are paid a few cents a post from other carriers to cause trouble or people who have nothing better to do than crash your thread or give you the wrong answer and one they are too ignorant to know the answer to in the first place just to cause trouble. Apple.com communities or your carrier's support forum are typically far superior places for these types of questions.

1. Yes, Apple will honor the early upgrade price. You will find in the long run it is actually much cheaper to buy the new phone at the full unsubsidized price, sell your old phone, and keep your $200 subsidized phone price every two years.

2. All ATT Stores will have at least a few in stock but it could be less than nothing. For the 5 they all had a lot and they made their online pre-orders wait while there was stock for nearly a week. The truth of it is no one knows at this point. If you are first in line at your ATT Store you will get one, but that could still be a long wait.

3. They'll activate it at the ATT Store. Apple Stores differ by store if you do not want it activated this is your best shot or just tell the ATT Store rep you are in a hurry and you will do it yourself. No black and white answer here. Ask over on the ATT community forum, you'll get an ATT customer rep answer your question within hours.