Apple and Panasonic Collaboration

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Apple and Panasonic press release:

Panasonic and Apple® today announced at NAB they are collaborating on two important technologies for the professional video industry: the addition of FireWire® to upcoming Panasonic DVCPRO50 and DVCPRO HD tape decks; and support for Panasonic’s new AG-DVX100 24P mini-DV camcorder in a future version of Final Cut Pro®, Apple’s professional non-linear editing application

Apple seems to be rounding out their video capabilities...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
This makes total sense given Apple's recent release of Cinema Tools, which is geared mostly for the Pros.

In addition, with Final Cut Pro and Panasonic’s new mini-DV camcorder working together to support progressive scan 24-fps DV, Apple and Panasonic are bringing affordable, cinematic-quality tools to visual storytellers everywhere.”

With the camcorder and the mini deck, this will be great!

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Not to mention Panasonic and Apple have the "superdrive" relationship that I'm sure neither side wants to spoil.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Kewl!!!

I really like the way that Apple are beginning to push the mac for hi-end video and post work........

I'd love them to have a pro-partnership with Discreet though, they could really come up with some awsome s**t.......:D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by iGAV

I'd love them to have a pro-partnership with Discreet though, they could really come up with some awsome s**t.......:D
They just bought Nothing Real in February, give it some time and you'll see some real cool s**t:D

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I'm not really familar with Nothing Real's products.... so I'm off to have a moochy around to see what stuff they do......

Ohhh I can't wait for some new DV and Post toys..........:D :D :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Shake.... sh*t.....

looks really cool!!! Not really heard about Shake much....... used to only hearing about Flame, inferno, Smoke etc.....

Looks very cool though.......

Can't wait to see what Apple has planned for Nothing Real.....:D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Shake.... sh*t.....

Originally posted by iGAV
looks really cool!!!
Oh, its going to be big. It might take upto a year to see any return on it though, but watch out!

Taking the 3D app rumors along with all the DV stuff Apple's getting into lately, it seems that they're gearing themselves up to become a huge powerhouse in digital media.

All I can say is - Keep it coming!:D :D :D :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
A year's nothing....... I hope they put something out mid-priced like Combustion....... as it's such a WKD!! program........

Apples stake in the whole desktop digital media thing has been building for a few years now, and it finally looks like they are beginning to put all the pieces together...... judging by Apples current software efforts, the nxt generation stuff is going to be blinding!!

I can't wait!!:D

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
Originally posted by mcrain
Not to mention Panasonic and Apple have the "superdrive" relationship that I'm sure neither side wants to spoil.
Which relationship is that? I thought it was Pioneer who made the Pioneer A03 Drive, aka superdrive.
Is Apple going to start using Panasonic drives?

Newborn77

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
Originally posted by SPG

Which relationship is that? I thought it was Pioneer who made the Pioneer A03 Drive, aka superdrive.
Is Apple going to start using Panasonic drives?
You are right, Pioneer makes the superdrive. I think Panasonic makes the HDs for the iPod. Also if I recall correctly... Panasonic had (or has) a deal with Apple related to flat panel displays or something.

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Originally posted by Newborn77
You are right, Pioneer makes the superdrive. I think Panasonic makes the HDs for the iPod. Also if I recall correctly... Panasonic had (or has) a deal with Apple related to flat panel displays or something.
I had a brain-fart. Sorry about that. Panasonic, Pioneer, they sound sort of similar. At least, they both start with a P.

Man, that was pretty dumb.

eric_n_dfw

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2002
DFW, TX, USA
Originally posted by Newborn77
Actually, as far as I had heard, Toshiba makes the iPod drive and Samsung has the big contract with Apple for LCD screens.

mangis

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
I believe that both Panasonic and Pioneer are simply marketing names used by the parent company which owns them both - Matsu****a. This conglomerate, by the way, also owns National, along wiht a host of other companies.

mangis

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
what a lame board, I cant spell matsu****a.

So hhow about this: take the word Matsushota, and replace the "o" that follows the "h" with and "i", and you have the company to which I refer. Can you say "verbose"?