Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rnbgrilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
yeah!!!!!!!!! it about time.

whats your thoughts on that.

Last edited:

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
It comes with the Siri killer called 'Google NOW" . Check it out.

No it doesn't.

It simply displays some of the results in the same manner as Google Now (using "cards").

This update isn't particularly amazing IMO. The voice search has always been there.

I have this App on my home screen and use it every day. It's certainly got some improvements, but nothing exceptional. The best part is that it's updated for the iPhone 5 screen.

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
If you open safari and hit the mic button and say something it essentially works the same way, as long as default search engine is set to google.

ercsliberty

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
its nice, but when you do a voice search and than click the resault map, it doesnt open the iphone native maps app. too bad

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Am i missing something? I don't see Google Now. I just see voice search.

Does it really have Google Now or are some people confusing the two?

Jett0516

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2010
No it doesn't.

It simply displays some of the results in the same manner as Google Now (using "cards").

This update isn't particularly amazing IMO. The voice search has always been there.

I have this App on my home screen and use it every day. It's certainly got some improvements, but nothing exceptional. The best part is that it's updated for the iPhone 5 screen.

On mine google search does not do full screen it's still 4:3?

The official google now video shows the voice feature on iOS. But it seem to not work at all on my iPhone 5. Am I missing something?

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Really?
How? Now that SIRI is out of beta I've had excellent luck getting SIRI to respond to just about anything and quickly too.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Yeah, this update doesn't have Google Now in it. It's just voice search. Google Now is the traffic, transit, sports scores, and all that stuff.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
It comes with the Siri killer called 'Google NOW" . Check it out.

Nah it is actually Google Voice Search. Google Now is not available for iOS. Google Now is not the voice search but the dynamic card system that bring you relevant info automatically from different sources (calendars, nearby locations, shipments, etc).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.