Apple bans a religious site.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JagdTiger, Aug 2, 2019.

1. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

A catholic site has been banned from apple inc.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

no room for pedo organizations in apple, sounds good to me.

3. LordVic macrumors 603

Cant catch the vid here.

But Apple isn't and doesn't have a track recor of banning sites based on religious principles. It has a habbit of banning sites that espouse ideals that are violent or hateful

There are a lot of sites that are incitement of hate and violence that masquerade behind religious fundamentalism. I'm sure you can find lots of catholic sites still on Apple.

So the question is, what was the site in question saying which Apple took offense to?

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Good. Intolerant content meant Apple reserved the right not to host. Find another medium for the hate I say.

5. jerwin macrumors 68020

Perhaps lifesite should cover LGBTQ issues with more sensitivity then. Or perhaps not at all?

6. JagdTiger, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019

JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

This was purely because of a gay or pro abortion agenda.

7. LordVic macrumors 603

ah, so they were being biggoted and hateful. good to know that the ban was just.

8. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

What’s the ‘gay agenda’?

Is it not wanting judgemental religious morons spreading intolerance towards homosexuals?

9. JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

It is this site and because of intolerance of a specific group but apple won’t say which one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lifesite&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

10. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

What's their agenda? Equal rights with all other humans?

11. LordVic macrumors 603

the only thing I have taken from reading the headlines on that site is that Apple is warranted in their decision.

also... if this article: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/m...ative-party-of-blackballing-their-candidacies is true.

I may have actually gained back a tiny bit of respect for Scheer and the Conservatives for putting their foot down to the regressive intolerances that were plaguing his party of late.

12. JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

No, it’s getting their own way while others can’t, what this means if a religious persons faith or belief system is not believing in gays then that group will called them anti gay while it’s ok for the LGBT community to be anti religious.

13. LordVic macrumors 603

What complete utter nonsense.

Gay People: We want to get married just like everyone else
    Religious: NO WHY DO YOU THINK YOU GET TO GET YOUR WAY, IT SHOULD BE OUR WAY AND OUR WAY SAYS YOUR VILE PEOPLE!

asking for equality of treatment under the law in no way infringes upon your right to practive your religion.

you demanding laws that limit others so that your religious practice dictates to others their rights is the very definition of "demanding they get their way"

Live and let live. if they are not demanding anything of you (they're not. There's no expectation that you get gay married, or have gay sex). than you have no rights to demand they have lesser rights or access to them than you do.

14. JagdTiger, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019

JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

Well get married most of us don’t care but apple should not ban based on someone’s religious belief...of course if the religious organizations were not Christian then they would not be banned at all.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2019 ---
    According to this poll society is getting tired of it all.

LGBT crusaders have gone too far. People are starting to tune out.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...-gone-too-far-people-are-starting-to-tune-out

15. LordVic macrumors 603

Apple is a free enterprise who is free to do business and provide a platform to whomever they believe is in their best interests to do so.

And as a free enterprise, if they do ban someone. As a Free person, you are FREE to chose whether or not you do business with Apple or not.

That would be the free market behaving in exactly the method in which it was intended.

you have ever right to also protest apple for their actions, just like I have every right to tell you that I believe Apple was justified in their banning of a site that violated their terms of use.

This would be the perfect example of the free market working as intended.

where it becomes an issue is if you decided to get the government to enact laws that limit the scope of business that Apple is allowed to perform in this manner. if the government were to come out and force apple to provide a platform for speech they disagree with, than their "rights" would be violated by the government and it would be a violation of the US constitutional rights.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2019 ---
    well. yes. Technically, if you don't believe in homosexuallity, you are anti-gay...

you can't really be 'pro gay' while saying you don't believe in it... that wold be... contradictory and completely illogical :p

And the LGBT isn't really anti-religious as there are many who are gay and religious. a great friend of mine, gay, and christian.

heck, Mr Roger's was christian, spread the message of loving and understanding of everyone, and was rumoured to have bisexual feelings.

this isn't some inclusive either/or thing. you can be religious and support the rights of gay people, and you can be gay and support the rights of the religious. in fat, I'm pretty sure (not 100% positive mind you) that was the message Jesus was trying to teach. Love thy neighbour even if they aren't of the same as you.

16. JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

17. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

You must have missed last quarters world wide Gay meeting. It was pretty clearly outlined.

18. JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

19. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

It's a private company, and the app store is a shop, so it's their right.
    (Devout traditionalist catholic here and certainly not a friend of Tim Cook's political ideology.)

20. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

What’s next, are they going to ban publications that don’t agree with climate change? I won’t be using Apple News if it’s going to censor.

21. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.” — Samuel Johnson

22. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

It’s not the App Store, it’s Apple News. If Apple is going to do this they should have a notice pop up when you first use the app that they reserve the right to ban publishers they don’t agree with.

23. LordVic macrumors 603

... Except, Tim Cook and Apple by being "Liberal" and not being religious is actually as "American" as you can be.

OR, do you not believe in the US constitution?

you know, the one that says that the country isn't a religious country?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or theright of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Should I start calling people who are religious unpatriotic? because anyone who demands the government enact laws regarding religious practices, or support of one religion over the other are by definition unpatriotic.

24. JagdTiger thread starter macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

25. LordVic macrumors 603

Alright. I see what this thread is becoming.

you're not happy that pretty much everyone here from ALL political aspects have called you out on the BS you're posting so you'redoubling down and spamming links that aren't related.

I think we're all done here. Moving on!