apple being a pain in the... about iphone return

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cinek2, Sep 30, 2014.

1. cinek2 macrumors regular

I want to return my iphone 6+ to apple. The box is not opened. I haven't even opened the brown box it came in. Filled out the return form last week and been told a courier will contact me within 48 hours to arrange a collection. 48h come n gone, still nothing. 72h... still nothing. Apple says they put a note on my return for the carrier to contact me asap but nothing happened.

Anyway, I'm out of the country at the end of this week and I need to return this iPhone to apple by the 9th october. I'm coming back on the 8th october so by the looks of it, it's not gonna happen. What can I do about this? Every time I call apple I spend min 20 mins waiting for someone to answer

2. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Do you have access to a local Apple store? How about a carrier where the phone is connected to (provided you didn't buy the unlocked one)?

Last resort, eBay... you'll probably get more than you paid for if it's unopened... especially now that they are on a 1 month backorder.

3. cinek2 thread starter macrumors regular

Yup I have an apple store near by. I asked CS if I could drop it off there but they told me it's not possible as the retail stores are separate from the returns etc. I got the unlocked version so can't go to my carrier.

I thought about ebay but at the end of the day I just want what I paid for it back. I'm not the biggest fan of ebay tbh

4. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Assuming you purchased it directly from Apple (I failed to ask that earlier) If it's not too inconvenient, I would swing by the Apple store. Take your purchase receipt and everything. My guess is that they will accept it there (they might just be wanting to go through the correct channels through support), or you will find someone in the store wanting a 6+ who will buy it off of you. It's a hot commodity now, you shouldn't have this much trouble unloading an unopened 6+.

Best of luck to you.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I don't believe Apple is selling unlocked iPhone 6's yet.

6. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

7. HereBeMonsters macrumors 6502

HereBeMonsters

8. TwoBayDude macrumors newbie

!!!!!!! T-Mobile phones ARE unlocked. :rolleyes:

9. deviant macrumors 65816

Bro, cmon!

10. HereBeMonsters macrumors 6502

HereBeMonsters

Maybe in America, but in that case, why advertise it as T-Mobile?

Over here in the UK, that would mean a Pay As You Go phone.

11. deviant macrumors 65816

Here in Italy it would mean the same. Pay as you go, with ANY carrier of your choice. That's why you pay the full price

12. HereBeMonsters macrumors 6502

HereBeMonsters

You can still get a PAYG phone that's locked to a network. My Orange Lisbon, for example, was.

13. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Doesn't matter what they call it. The fact of the matter is, T-Mobiles iPhones purchased from Apple at full retail either in store or online ARE unlocked out of the box. I purchased my T-Mobile SIM free iPhone 6 online from Apple. As soon as I popped my AT&T SIM card in and plugged it into iTunes I got the message that my iPhone has been unlocked. :)

----------

Here in the US you can use the T-Mobile unlocked phone on contract with another carrier as well. I'm using it with my AT&T service.

14. deviant macrumors 65816

lol Portuguese carriers are nazi

15. Eitel macrumors regular

Because it has a T-Mobile SIM inside.

16. 617aircav Suspended

Whats the difference, here in America?

17. rritterson macrumors 6502

Call again and ask for a case number and written documentation. A retailer can't refuse a return because they dicked you around until the end of the return period. Also explain you will be leaving and unavailable to return the phone for a few days.

With that case number you can call back after you return and keep going.

Edit: should have looked at the date of the OP. Advice still applies though.