Apple better increase iPhone screen size, or more of this will happen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Timzer, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Timzer macrumors 6502

So it seems, iSource has done a very interesting review.

Here's a quote from the review:
    "That switch lasted less than an hour and I knew I had made a mistake going back the 4s."

2. mrbutters macrumors regular

Even if the iPhone remains the same size, I hardly see a bunch of iPhone users running out to grab a giant Android phone.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I highly doubt that Apple feels any threat by a reviewer of iSource.com

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Maybe not, but the review was spot on. I'm a long time iPhone user, who just switched to the Note. Also, I've had a number of people ask about my phone, just like when I first got the iPhone.

5. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

If you want a bigger screen just get a droid. I want to see a updated iOS before Screen size. Having a bigger screen would just get you upset with the same old grid.

6. -Leigh- macrumors member

Hopefully they will keep the same screen size and all the people who think you need a 32" screen on a phone will go over to android and their comedy sized handsets, and this forum will go back to having less trolls.

7. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

For years, people have been threatening Apple with "You better increase the iPhone screen size, or we'll shoot the kitten" and, as you all know, the iPhone is still the same 3.5".

Apple hates kittens.

[​IMG]

8. klo-mac macrumors member

3.5" is ok for a phone, buy iPad if u want bigger screen. Thats all.

9. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

No. That's all.

10. DroidRules macrumors 65816

OP you think? I don't see the average consumer freaking about the 3.5" screen, only the people on these tech type forums. My mom and dad probably wouldn't want a bigger iPhone and THEY are the average iPhone user.

I used to be a diehard no bigger screen fan but feel it's time for at least that option on the iPhone. I won't go out and get a bigger screen phone if iPhone isn't enlarged because I am loyal to the iPhone as I feel it's the best device for me. I wouldn't mind a 4" or slightly larger display.

Come on now, you knew what he meant correct? I can be quite the ass and I don't even correct peoples grammar/spelling. (as I'm typically horrible myself)

11. wgonzvega macrumors newbie

Is notjust screen size that matter

If you pick a phone just by the size of the screen, then go and buy an android phone, go and get the note. Then when all the hype is gone living with that brick on your pocket will be a nightmare, trying to held that thing on one hand and you will end up using both hands all the time and sit still waiting for your carrier to give you that OS update. Right now there are millions of android phones capable of running ICS waiting for their carriers and when this happens, what they have? An old OS running on a new phone, is that what you whant go ahead.

You pick a phone for the whole experience not just because is big. That phone is to big for a phone and to small for a tablet, for me its a lie.

12. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Totally agree. Trying to make a device be a tablet and phone in one just does both things badly. A phone you can't put in a pocket and look stupid using. And a tablet that is too small to use for web browsing and email.

13. Shrink, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Yup, Apple is quaking in it's corporate boots.

Now the below might get a response...

Attached Files:

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

how many super size it threads do we have to have? :rolleyes: when I find something better I'll switch regardless of screen size. ;) end of story.

15. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I'll take a bigger screen if the phones size stays the same, otherwise I'm fine with the screen size now.

16. Stealthipad, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I see Apple being in kind of a pickle. No matter what they do they will tick off some of their loyal fan base. Only thing I can think that would keep more happy is the make two new iPhones, one the same size and one a little larger.

Apple is going to have more competition in the future no matter what they do and it is getting harder and harder to wow anyone with new features. While I like my 4S is does to exactly knock me over with new features, but the I never expected it to do so.

The iPhone 5 is going to have to be something "big" to wow me!

17. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

To me, that review doesn't seem all that positive about the Note or Android. You're the type that only reads conclusions, right?

----------

For you. Personally, I don't for the life of me understand why someone would swap a compact device with a 640x960 screen running the best mobile OS on the market, for an unwieldy contraption like the Note. Unless, like the reviewer, your eyes are going. But hey, that's just me.

18. Walter Bell macrumors regular

This makes my brain hurt

19. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

The reviewer, who has owned an iPhone for almost five years now, switched to the Galaxy Note - that's quite positive, isn't it? Any good review also points out the negative aspects of a device.

----------

Please, enlighten me on how to make a phone call with an iPad.

----------

I think any older person would appreciate a bigger display.

This is the biggest mistake you guys make: you think a slightly bigger screens results in a gigantically bigger device. An iPhone with a 4" display could have smaller physical dimensions than the current iPhone 4S.

20. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Just replace the word know with knock and it will stop hurting.

21. cynics macrumors G3

What's the big deal? Go with an android or windows phone.

I have a feeling most will just get the iPhone and bitch about it though. Lol

22. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Apple's either going to sell two phones, or just one with the same dimensions and a slightly larger display. I think the latter is a very realistic scenario.

23. LoloBond macrumors 6502

I give permission to anyone in the forum to shoot me if they see my walking with a Note... LOL I saw someone walking with this at the mall and wow this thing its HUGE.:eek:

24. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

You think? To me, it seems like quite the switch. Going from one of the smallest to the largest smartphone currently on sale. Sounds like a guy who doesn't know what he wants.

25. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I have no problem with the screen size. If I want to do heavy browsing or movie watching I do it on my iPad. I'd do that even if I had some big a** SamsungHTCDroid phone. I use my phone mostly for texting, twitter and listening to music. Don't need a big screen

I'm more looking forward to improvements (hopefully) in iOS. Even with the new iPad I still have issues with Safari automatically refreshing pages (it's even worse on my 4S). And I hardy use Siri anymore because less than half the time I get back what I'm looking for. Also shouldn't FaceTime be available outside of a Wi-Fi connection and on non-Apple devices? Plus turn by turn navigation in the map application. And that's just a start...