Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Ive been having major issues with my Macbook Air lately and decided to email Steve Jobs last night. Well to my suprise I got a call today from an Apple rep who said he was calling on behalf of Steve Jobs about the email I sent. He said that Apple apoligizes for the problems and that he called the repair center where my macbook air currently is and had the supervisors triple check everything and that I should get the computer back tomorrow. Now this is what I call service and Ill never buy anything but a Mac ever again.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Its true I have the Apple phone number on my caller ID. For some reason its Apple Canada but its not an 800,866,877 number.

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
Thats pretty cool, I think your post count should give you some credibility.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Thats pretty cool, I think your post count should give you some credibility.

Thanks, I really couldnt believe it either at first. I answered the phone and the guy said could I speak with ******** and I said speaking and he went on to say that he is calling on behalf of Steve Jobs about the email I sent to sjobs@apple.com and I was like really and he said yes and that they take their customers happiness very seriously and then he told me what I already put in the first post.

I saw your other thread about your MBA, I hope when you receive it that it's not going to have any other problems :)

Thanks, I hope it wont either.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Did you tell them you bought the computer for a fraction of the cost so whatever sob story you got really has to do with you trying to sell it off before you even got it back from the repair center?

I don't doubt that they called, I question the motive behind the complaint. People who pay for their machine and are out usage I feel for. Those flipping macs I commend but don't feel for, if that makes sense to you.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I've been called by Apple after sending an email to sjobs@apple.com. The caller was from Apple Executive Relations and he took care of the issue. I believe the OP.
(The email I sent was a series issue with my MacBook Air, however, it caught on fire.)

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Did you tell them you bought the computer for a fraction of the cost so whatever sob story you got really has to do with you trying to sell it off before you even got it back from the repair center?

I don't doubt that they called, I question the motive behind the complaint. People who pay for their machine and are out usage I feel for. Those flipping macs I commend but don't feel for, if that makes sense to you.

Actually the first guy I talked to I did tell him that I purchased it on ebay but when I received it I noticed it had a warranty so I called and asked if there is anything he could do for me and he said that it doesnt matter if it was purchased used since the warranty is universal. The guy also looked at my account and saw that I have many Apple products that I purchased directly from them.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I don't doubt this. My friend bought his first Mac( 27" iMac Core i5) back in December and what you know, it had the flickering problem. I told him to email Steve Jobs about his trouble and he got a response from an Executive Customer Relations person( I believe that was his title). Gave him his number and extension. He stated they will send out a new one right away with priority and inspection before being shipped out. Two weeks later, he received his replacement and it has been problem free since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.