Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chunology

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Got an email from Apple Saturday evening stating that my order was cancelled because I had an order with Verizon. Asking me to contact them... Contacted Verizon, they said I had no pending orders on my account and my line was upgrade eligible.

I had release day delivery on my iPhone.. a re-order of the iPhone is now showing 5-6 week delivery dates.

I called and chatted with Apple and they said that they could not re-instate the original order. However, at the end it of email it states:

To place a new iPhone order, please visit store.apple.com. If you reply to this email with your new Apple order number, we will process your order as quickly as possible

Has this happened to anyone on a previous pre-order? What are my options? Will Apple honor my original shipment time or should I just wait in line Friday morning?

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Got an email from Apple Saturday evening stating that my order was cancelled because I had an order with Verizon. Asking me to contact them... Contacted Verizon, they said I had no pending orders on my account and my line was upgrade eligible.

I had release day delivery on my iPhone.. a re-order of the iPhone is now showing 5-6 week delivery dates.

I called and chatted with Apple and they said that they could not re-instate the original order. However, at the end it of email it states:

To place a new iPhone order, please visit store.apple.com. If you reply to this email with your new Apple order number, we will process your order as quickly as possible

Has this happened to anyone on a previous pre-order? What are my options? Will Apple honor my original shipment time or should I just wait in line Friday morning?
Call customer service to see if they will honor it. If not, then i would quickly follow that email suggestion.

chunology

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
You will have to reorder and you will not get your previous delivery date. It will be 5 to 6 weeks.
I have a new order pending and replied to the email. If this doesn't work out for me, how early should I get to the Apple store on Friday/Thursday evening?

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I have a new order pending and replied to the email. If this doesn't work out for me, how early should I get to the Apple store on Friday/Thursday evening?

It depends on where you live. But I say the night before. Stick a chair out there and sleep in ur car

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.