Apple Care Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, Oct 9, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

Can you get this on a device that you purchsae on CL since I owuld not be the original buyier?

Thanks,

Jeff

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Yes I believe so if its within 30 days an you buy the AppleCare at the apple store and they inspect the phone.

3. BSoares macrumors regular

Apple says they want to see proof of purchase to allow you to buy AC+ but I did it twice and they never asked to see it. So should be possible.

4. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

The thing they care about is the condition of the phone. As long as it looks good they will let you get it.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This. They say they want proof of purchase, but I also have never had to provide it. Just bring the phone in and they will most likely add it within 30 days.

6. iRebound macrumors regular

I just called Apple and ordered Apple Care Plus over the phone. No inspection needed.

7. lookn4wifi macrumors regular

lookn4wifi

I added AC+ at the GB today. I had an Otterbox Commuter on the phone. They shined a light in the charging and earphone ports, checked the serial number and rang me up. No need to remove case.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

This is sometimes granted in exceptional circumstances but is by no means the norm or always the case.

9. BSoares macrumors regular

Me too, had a case on both iP5 and they only used a light to look at the bottom, never checked anything else. Went into Settings/General/About to get SN and I was done shortly after that.

10. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

It's happend to me, and I live 1.2 miles from the Apple Store in Pasadena, based on these forums, it happens frequently, i've seen numerous folks do this without any hassle....I think it is definitely a YMMV situation

11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

trust me, it is not frequent. Maybe 1 out of every 100 people who have applecare+ get it that way...if that. That is probably a huge over statement on my part.

What was your exact situation? Was is a pre-order or an item still being shipped to you. I know they will do it in that case 100% of the time b.c you do not physically have the phone yet and they just add it to the online order.

12. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Yeah I gave the YMMV(your milage may vary) because I knew not everyone get this perk!

My situation was I ordered in the preorder, got it on Sept 21 release day, then I called Sunday morning, and AppleCare was added and paid for in full over the phone, and confirmed. I didn't have to take the phone in, when they asked my address, the lady knew I am within 2 miles of the pasadena apple store, but they didnt care...

Hope I asnwered your questions!

13. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

pretty good. I'm guessing they were just taking your word that nothing happened in one day. I ordered mine after it had shipped, but before I received it. The details came in the mail last week (they still mail you a little booklet)

14. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

Burlingame Apple Store requires a Genius Bar appointment as a hard and fast rule to get AppleCare+

There were no available appointments, so I am forced to leave without AppleCare+ and risk damaging the phone over the weekend until the next nearest Genius Bar appointment at Hillsdale Apple Store on Sunday.

Walk into Hillsdale Apple Store and inform them I'm about 30 minutes early for an iPhone appointment to purchase AppleCare+ for two iPhone 5 received from AT&T at the beginning of the week. The Greeter immediately says we can help you and I did not need the Genius Bar appointment. 15 minutes later both phones have AppleCare+ Unfortunately, AT&T does not register the iPhone 5 so it takes a little longer than an iPhone 5 purchased directly from Apple.