Apple care +

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by corym52, Sep 28, 2012.

1. corym52 macrumors newbie

Will i need to make an appointment with apple store to get apple care plus? I got phone on launch day via app store pre order and never had chance to buy. Thanks

2. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

depends on how close you are to an apple store

3. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

walk in, tell the stick-up genius i want AC+, he/she rings you up on his portable iphone after he checks out your phone for pre-exsisting issues. then he gives you that GTFO look :D

4. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

not everybody lives close to a Snapple store

5. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

Sometimes a supervisor can do it over the phone but I don't know how long after purchase that might happen. I bought my phone on launch day at a Verizon store and was told I would have to go to an Apple Store to get AppleCare +. The next day I called 1-800-694-7466 to try to purchase Applecare over the phone. The agent said that he could not do it but that sometimes a supervisor can and the supervisor did it for me. Worth a try.

6. bwhitta macrumors regular

This suggestion worked for me on the day after launch. When I went back on Tuesday afternoon to buy AppleCare for another phone, I was given a really hard time. The store was empty, but the geniuses tried to argue with me that I needed an appointment. The one checking in reservations told me to go wait in a corner, so I did. I waited 30 minutes and wasn't helped until a genius walking by asked what I was doing. He said someone should have helped me right away.

I'd suggest making an appointment so an unhappy employee doesn't punish you for talking back and ruin your morning.

7. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Yeah it really just depends on the distance. First time I tried calling I told them I lived an hour away from the nearest Apple Store (which is true) and they told me that they couldn't do anything to help me and I would have to drive in.

But I'm a student and I don't have a car.

So I called back saying I lived in a town five hours away and they pushed me to a supervisor and did it over the phone.

It was silly mostly because it was launch day and I hadn't even opened my box yet, but I don't know how lax they'll be about the ~make an appointment~ rule a week out.