Apple Care

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Racingboy, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Racingboy macrumors member

Last week I bought a iMac (still on it's way) and yesterday I got myself a Time Capsule on Black Friday in the online Apple Store.

I'm hesitating to buy also Apple Care for my iMac. If I buy it, does it also cover my Time Capsule? Take in mind that I don't ordered it at the same time.

Thx!

2. Racingboy thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks for the fast respons.

If I order it now, and it will come sooner than my iMac, will my extented waranty start runing when I receive the iMac or when I receive the Apple Care?

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Apple Care extends the original one-year warranty on your machine from one year to three. The warranty starts on the ship date for the machine if I remember correctly (or, more to the point, it's relative to the purchase of the machine, rather than the purchase date of the AC).

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...yep, only purchase date of the equipment - NOT from the purchase date of the warranty...

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Backing up the Time Capsule is probably a good idea, they seem to be prone to not working after a certain period of time.

6. UberAlles macrumors newbie

UberAlles

Hopefully you bought everything on your VISA and thus gain access to their extended warranty program as well..so applecare becomes 4 years basically (although the 4th year is handled by VISA)..

7. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2