Apple CEO Tim Cook Is Calling For Bloomberg To Retract Its Chinese Spy Chip Story

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by OldSchoolMacGuy, Oct 19, 2018.

1. OldSchoolMacGuy Suspended

OldSchoolMacGuy

Full Story: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/johnpaczkowski/apple-tim-cook-bloomberg-retraction

To this point, there has been zero evidence of the existence of these chips shown. Every security researcher out there would love to be the first to prove their existence and they have these devices in their own companies, yet none have been able to find it.

Bloomberg has provided no real evidence. A couple "anonymous sources" is nothing. I have 50 anonymous sources that say the moon is made of cheese.

2. cmaier macrumors G4

3. kdarling macrumors P6

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    The method is certainly not nonsense. Similar attacks have been done for at least a half century, often by the US.

As for whether or not it happened to those companies, or whether or not their CEOs were informed by underlings, that's a different subject.

4. Tech198 macrumors G5

"anonymous" is nothing.... Something tells me Bloomberg won't back down lightly based on their history of being credible. It's strange how media would stick to something so long based on their previous actions.

If Bloomberg had noting to hide, they wouldn't have a problem saying "opps. we stuffed it"

5. JullsJTRIRE macrumors member

JullsJTRIRE

Everybody is crazy about the Chinese and Russian spies these days. Dunno, have never been to Russia or China but I guess they have more important business to attend to. What worries me most of all is something that's right under our nose and no one cares. I've been surfing the Net and found that stuff, spying cameras in light bulbs - https://geeklah.com/best-light-bulb-camera.html . Jeez, I'll go nuts if I know my creepy neigbor has a couple of those in his garden! THAT'S what we must worry about.

6. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68030

Mr_Brightside_@

People can be worried about more than one thing at once.

7. JullsJTRIRE macrumors member

JullsJTRIRE

Yeah, but China is far and the creepy neighbour is much closer :)