Apple - CIA owns your stuff! Time to patch and fire the CIA coders you hire

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by You are the One, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

The rabbit hole keeps getting deeper and deeper.

To anyone coming across this, please look at what the CIA is capable of, some truly sickening things have been revealed today.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Note the lack of version number, or elaboration on what this is.

I'm certain it's a codenamed Cellebrite product (they are funded by the NSA and Israeli intelligence services after all), but this thread has provided nothing but scare tactics in being so devoid of data.

3. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

It's ironic that Wikileaks released all this information on the CIA.........from servers in Russia............who's being investigated by the CIA for being involved in our elections. So there you have it, Assange is playing everyone, including Trump and his minions.

4. You are the One, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017

You are the One thread starter macrumors 6502a

You are the One

Point here is to make you aware the data is available, not spoon feed you. Download the torrent and check it out. What is revealed is absolutely amazing and will impact the tech industry, Apple as well as politics in Washington.

Apple holding the flag of Privacy high will have to take a public stand on this. And this is only the first dump. More will come.

And, yes, don't forget to blame the Russians for CIA losing control over its entire Cyberwar arsenal which now is available for EVERYONE on the internet. Including hackers, foreign countries (even Russia) organised crime and everyone else. It's cyber weapons proliferation of the highest order.

Assange calls it the greatest own-goal in intelligence history. Not hard to agree to that.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017 ---
    You are absolutely clueless. CNN is fake news.

5. BittenApple, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017

BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

You are clueless. Boxed in by limited MSM thinking.

this doesnt concern you ?https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_13205587.html

PDF version https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/files/iOS Exploits - iOS - EDG Confluence.pdf

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

LOL, the Russian boogeyman crap has got to stop.

I will be downloading this, but I'm at work so not here. I've been watching these kinds of things for years (have you been to Cryptome?), I'd just appreciate a little elaboration so we don't have the technically illiterate amongst us burning their iPhones to go buy Android (which is essentially a data collection platform disguised as an OS).

7. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

no its not. here is the page with relevant firmware versions and exploits. please don't be so quick to make up your mind without the proper information !

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_13205587.html

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/files/iOS Exploits - iOS - EDG Confluence.pdf PDF

iOS 4-9 (as of date of information being released) are all exploitable either remotely or locally.

cognitive dissonance is a bitch to break from but its possible

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Again, many of us visit these forums from work....I don't think it's smart to ask people to find out that BASIC information by going to wikileaks when a simple sentence in the OP would suffice.

9. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

10. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.