Apple Cinema HD Display!!!

Mac2006

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2002
29
0
Texas
Im thinking about getting a Apple Cinema HD Display with a Powermac G4 but if anyone knows about price changes in the near future about eather f these plz post...
 

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
1,238
7
Franklin, TN
i imagine the powermacs will be staying in the same price range for a while... and the displays changing in october or so.

nothing official just guessing on my part.

welcome to the boards.
 

mozez

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2001
88
0
if the display changes at all, it won't be much, i don't see the hd screen going down at all, the 22 inch was the same price for a long time, then it went down alittle after over a year, but nothing major.
 

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2002
888
0
New York
what about MW paris and seybold is anything new coming out then?

could new LCDs come out but not have rebate prices until october 1st?
 

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
1,238
7
Franklin, TN
as you can see by the last few updates, i dont think apple is sticking to big social conferences for product updates.. but more to a "when they are ready" schedule.

If something needs explaining such as new features or software I beleive they will save it for a press event.. but for speed bumps.. they will just slide 'em in.

but then again.. what do i know.
 

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
757
0
Notre Dame
Re: Apple Cinema HD Display!!!

Originally posted by Mac2006
Im thinking about getting a Apple Cinema HD Display with a Powermac G4 but if anyone knows about price changes in the near future about eather f these plz post...
The HD display is sweet, i've drooled in awe standing before it in the Apple Store, but if you dont need it, save yourself the extra 1000 dollars and get the 22 inch. Although there is a quality difference, the 22 inch display is still a beautiful piece to put next to the powermac. You can throw in a lot of upgrades for a thousand dollars.
 

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
757
0
Notre Dame
Although i would wait a little while, maybe until after MW Paris or Seybold, just in case any changes are brought about:)
 

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
745
0
I've barely seen any price changes for the monitors....but since we're on the subject....

I've been thinking about buying the new Powermac Dual 1Ghz DDR model with either a 22 Cinema Display or should I get two 17" displays....the cost will roughly be the same....

if I do get the 22" are there any video cards I can put in the powermac so I can watch tv on it just like the old performas
 

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger
I've been thinking about buying the new Powermac Dual 1Ghz DDR model with either a 22 Cinema Display or should I get two 17" displays....the cost will roughly be the same....

if I do get the 22" are there any video cards I can put in the powermac so I can watch tv on it just like the old performas
If you need good resolution, and screen space to work on, get 2 17" displays...you'll get almost 1 more megapixel...thats quite a bit. Just look at it...two 17" will give you a combined resolution of 2560 x 1024...the 22" is a mere 1600 x 1024 :eek:.

But if you want to watch TV, then get the 22"...you don't want to have to split your TV screen!:D But sorry, I don't know any graphics cards that have TV out...I think the Radeon 8500 all-in-one wonder is PC only...others will prob know one.

If it were my choice, I'd go with 2 17" screens. More screen space, more pixels, and much, much better resolution. Also you'll save a couple of hundred I think...well, you have to buy the DVI to ADC adaptor...I still think you'll save some money. You just won't get the ooh factor of a big screen.
 

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
2,437
0
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by Over Achiever


If you need good resolution, and screen space to work on, get 2 17" displays...you'll get almost 1 more megapixel...thats quite a bit. Just look at it...two 17" will give you a combined resolution of 2560 x 1024...the 22" is a mere 1600 x 1024 :eek:.

But if you want to watch TV, then get the 22"...you don't want to have to split your TV screen!:D But sorry, I don't know any graphics cards that have TV out...I think the Radeon 8500 all-in-one wonder is PC only...others will prob know one.

If it were my choice, I'd go with 2 17" screens. More screen space, more pixels, and much, much better resolution. Also you'll save a couple of hundred I think...well, you have to buy the DVI to ADC adaptor...I still think you'll save some money. You just won't get the ooh factor of a big screen.
Two 17" inchers become cheaper than the 22" with the new promo:

http://www.apple.com/promo/dualoffer/

From the site:

Buy any Power Mac G4 and as many qualifying Apple flat-panel displays as you need between August 13 and September 30, 2002, and get a picture-perfect deal. Save $200 on the 17-inch Apple Studio Display and the 22-inch Apple Cinema Display. Or save $500 on the breathtaking 23-inch Apple Cinema HD Display.

The way it looks you'd be spending 2g on the 17" and get $400 back, making your outlay 1600 bucks. The 22" would be $2299.

The HD would be $2999.

m
 

Yuk-Monkey

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
24
0
Just a suggestion. You know whats even cheaper than than getting the two 17"? Buy two 21"CRT Apple Studio Displays on eBay for a total of $507 like me. Sure its not the latest tech, but if they work fine and you have the space (and a strong enough desk for 154 lbs of monitor) talk about screen real estate on the cheap! Best thing I ever did! My dad has one 17" flat panel on his G4 and its like looking through a peephole to me now.
 

Mr Jobs

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2002
188
0
London, England
Originally posted by Yuk-Monkey
Just a suggestion. You know whats even cheaper than than getting the two 17"? Buy two 21"CRT Apple Studio Displays on eBay for a total of $507 like me. Sure its not the latest tech, but if they work fine and you have the space (and a strong enough desk for 154 lbs of monitor) talk about screen real estate on the cheap! Best thing I ever did! My dad has one 17" flat panel on his G4 and its like looking through a peephole to me now.
id go for a 17" Studio then two 21" CRT Studio any day...there so much cooler in both terms:D , less energy hungry hate to see you energy bill, space seavers, easy on the eyes, less cable clutter, better controls (software based)...you get the drift
 

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
745
0
Originally posted by W-_-W
If you want to watch tv you can:

http://www.eskapelabs.com/mytv2go.html

It's usb so I don't know about the quality but give it a look.
I wonder if this is OS X native....I don't really want to go into classic just to watch tv.

I'll be getting the flat screens and not the CRT's because of space. Perhaps I will be getting the two 17"s but I always wanted to watch a dvd on a 22....hmmm....decisions decisions....
 

4409723

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
2,222
0
It says 9.1 or higher and I suppose 10.1>9.1, but you'll just have to e-mail them.
 

BongHits

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
181
0
chicago
Originally posted by ShaolinMiddleFinger


I wonder if this is OS X native....I don't really want to go into classic just to watch tv.

I'll be getting the flat screens and not the CRT's because of space. Perhaps I will be getting the two 17"s but I always wanted to watch a dvd on a 22....hmmm....decisions decisions....
they've just recently developed OS X drivers for the MYTV and MYTV2GO, el gato's eye tv has gotten mixed reviews, supposedly the program guide sucks as of right now but its free so what r u gonna do?

eskapes product is less than half the price, but does it record to hard drive like DVR? i've heard eye tv doesn't record very well at all (it's usb what do u expect?)
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.