Apple claims my item was returned but i still have it!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by msamazin87, Mar 2, 2011.

1. msamazin87 macrumors newbie

I bought a ipad from apple dec, 2010 & my wifi has been acting up.. I called apple to see what was wrong & they told me my item was returned to their store but i still have the item!! How is that possible?? What should i do?

2. urkel macrumors 68030

Questions regarding personal ethics shouldnt be answered by strangers.

3. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I've got one up on you...

Wrote a check to a customer for ~$18,000 on 02/17/11...they received it and deposited it on 02/22/11...the money still hasn't been deducted out of the bank account.

What do I do? :p

4. msamazin87 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL I wouldn't say anything at all! But my iPad is not working properly so thats my issue. It needs to be fixed!

5. msamazin87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well you shouldn't have replied if you felt that way..

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Why not? It's valid advice.

What should you do? Take your ipad and sales receipt to the Apple store and get it sorted out. Sounds like they entered an incorrect serial number or some other mixup.

7. Cubsfan macrumors member

Personal ethics? Where's there ethics in this? Sounds like he didn't return the item or get any money, just wants it fixed under warranty like it should be.

8. poloponies Suspended

Perhaps you can bring it in and see if it can be resolved in-store (if they see it in person maybe they'll figure out the error)?

9. MRU Suspended

MRU

Can you not simply Pick up the phone and call customer service. Chances are it means they have issued a 'return' on the item and not that the item has been returned.

If you live near an Apple Store simply pop in and speak to someone directly.

It sounds a little like Mountains and Mole Hills at this stage.

10. urkel, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

urkel macrumors 68030

Why? Your iPad is broken so why WOULDN'T you go to the Apple store to have the issue resolved if you NEED this fixed?

EDIT: Apologies if I misunderstand but why not Go to the store and settle it because the advice of people on a board wont fix this.

11. Reefbone macrumors regular

Yea.. thats what I was thinking. Damn moral police are waiting to jump.

I have had a similer issue twice with retuned phones. Once with a 3G and another with an IP4 where they have replaced the phone but then when I sought service later they had no record of me having the device. They usually just service me anyway. It must happen quite a bit. I'd just go to an Apple store and explain your situation if you can.

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If Apple refunded your money because of the mixup and after a reasonable effort at returning it, consider it a gift. Otherwise, just pop into a store.

13. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

urkel, I think you are way overboard on this. Not sure what your point is.