Apple cockup - Garageband for iPad exports do not work in mac version.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by nathanl1192, Mar 10, 2011.

1. nathanl1192 macrumors member

It seems as if Apple have cocked up.

When I load up and .band file exported from Garageband for iPad in Garageband '11, I am told that I need to update garageband, but I am on the latest version, (6.0.1).

Come on Apple, update already!

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. pfjellman macrumors regular

pfjellman

I'm with you, it's now been four days and I really want the new GarageBand. I've started about 8 really great songs on the iPad 2 and I really want to bring them onto my Mac Pro and finish them!

4. jaimeastin macrumors regular

How long should we be paitient? They should have been paitent to release it...

I guess my rush to get the ipad for garage band, apogee jam, and full compatibilty was for not... Funny since apple did not mention any of this in the keynote... To find a response from them you have to search and they still give no time frame for the update...

Truth is Apple rushed all of this stuff out... iPad2, garageband... It shows in the quality of the ipad2... It shows in these INCOMPLETE applications... Garage band for the most part is fine. it needs some key functions like editing, but it will come. What is not right is the promise of being able to edit in garageband especially since you cannot edit on the ipad... Whats even more unacceptable is that apple does not mention this key detail in the app store... They get your money and tell you to wait... WAIT WAIT WAIT is their game...

I am on my third ipad for various reasons, but it not getting much action at my home... I have a 45 day return window and I might just have to send it back... I am tried of buying "apps" to make this thing work... It is only crippled because of apple.

Maybe they rushed this all out to secure purchases before other vendors get their hardware out. Truth be told is that Garageband is the only reason I bought this thing... If apple does not CHANGE, more and more people will run to the competiors who are trying to give what the people ask for. Apple will always do what they do and force you to do the same... I am nothing close to being an apple fanboy and have no issues with leaving, but I am here because most ofthe time they thend to get "MOST" of it right...

5. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

If it's not a cockup, then what is it? False advertising? Outright fraud? They certainly didn't get it right. I'm not going to make a huge deal out of it because it was only $5 + $15 for the Mac upgrade. But they really shouldn't advertise a feature that doesn't exist (and is, frankly, the main reason I bought it). At this point, it's only a (very) fun toy. No export, no editing, only 4/4 time, fixed chord selection.

Hopefully Apple will fix it eventually. If they only fix the export and time signature, that'll be huge. If you can then reimport from the Mac version, that would be even better.

6. jaimeastin macrumors regular

100% Agree... They advertised it and still do on the app download page. No where have they publically pointed this out. You have to search online for the KB post...

Maybe tomorrow when the apogee jam is released... maybe then the will have a mac update available...

AND NO, I DO NOT WANT TO DO A WORK AROUND! I am so DOGGONE TIRED OF DOING WORK AROUNDS WITH APPLE PRODUCTS!!! Shoot, dont tell me not to buy them either... I dont really want too, just when they get it right, they get it right... I just wish I would have know about the wait... I bought this ipad on launch specifically for this. Before that, I did not want one at all... And yes, it was just a toy and currently it is still just a toy... I have only used it a few times at night... 700 dollars for that?!