Apple.com iPhone X/8/8 plus Pre-order thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KdParker, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Which Phone will you order?

1. iPhone 8

6 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. iPhone 8 plus

33 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. iPhone X

231 vote(s)
    87.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

No, T-mobile will not prompt a screen asking for T-mobile account info. Just tested on the 8 Plus and nothing came up. I have Verizon BTW. So it won't be asking you for it. And yes you should be fine getting the t-mobile model as it's exactly the same as the AT&T and will work on AT&T network.

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

So, the tracking information for my just ordered and shipped 8 Plus says that a signature will not be required upon delivery, and "the carrier will leave the package at the shipping address you provided".

Is this normal? It is not what I'm accustomed to for a package that is worth over $1000 CDN. How is it too much trouble to ask for a signature? Fortunately I will have people at home who will be expecting the delivery, but if that wasn't the case, what would happen if they left a brand new iPhone on my doorstep and it was stolen?

3. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

thats bizzare, it should certainly require a signanture

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I know, right? But that's definitely what it says.

5. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors member

Blondie&Dagwood

You can ask primary account holder to create a security passcode - ATT will not send a sms when you input that code
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---

Yeah, I don’t think pre-paid plans are supported through Apple, has to be month to month plan. Prexpaid plans will work if you order through ATT site I believe.

6. plexdk macrumors 6502

Does anyone know when apple.com will show, at what time of the day you can preorder the X? It did with the iPhone 8..

7. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

I would agree. I thought all phones would need a signature.

8. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

I’m using T-Mobile sim on an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus, when X preorder starts I guess I would have to order the T-Mobile version since no sim-free will be available during preorder.

Will the new X come with a T-Mobile SIM card, if so, does that mean I have to ditch my current sim card and use the new one in the iPhone X? How does the new sim get my mobile number? Is it because I used it to place the order?

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes it will come with the t-mobile sim card installed but you can just insert your old one in. I don't think it matters because T-mobile doesn't ask for your account info anyways. So there's no way for them to pre-activate the sim that comes with it.

10. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

I’m preordering from Apple directly, not thru T-Mobile. Does that make any difference?

11. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

It shouldn't make any difference if you order it from apple as you still don't enter any of your account info when you order T-mobile model. Do a test run with the 8 Plus and see.

12. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

Then why people above are talking about switching to Verizon before the X preorder date just to order a Verizon model X ?

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Because Verizon model uses Qualcomm while Tmo uses intel. Meaning that if you have T-Mobile model and you plan on switching to Verizon, it won’t work. Where as if you purchase Verizon model and switch to att or T-Mobile or any GSM carrier it will work. It’s been like this for the 7 as well.

Since sim free model for the iPhone X isn’t available for pre order, then next option is to get the Verizon/Sprint model because the sim free model is the same exact as Verizon and sprint.

14. Anandc macrumors regular

Anandc

Correct. And for Verizon you need account unless you buy from the store, you don't need to give them any account details.

15. Soulful macrumors newbie

Thanks for the helpful info guys --- so just to be clear

If I want the sim free model iPhone X, I should order the verizon model in store and just put my sim in it and it will work whereas if I order online then it will ask for a Version account number ? Is this right ?

16. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes correct. You will need to buy it in store to get the Verizon model. No way around it for Apple.com as it will require to enter Your Verizon account info.

17. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

So I’d assume T-Mobile models would require T-Mobile accounts as well when preorder on Apple.com right? Now back to my original question, if I place an order for a T-Mobile model iPhone X on Apple.com, it will ship with a T-Mobile SIM card inside the phone. Do I need to switch out that sim and insert my current T-Mobile SIM card?

18. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

You should fully expect to get a T-Mo SIM. If the device is configured for a specific network, you will (should) get a SIM for that provider. AT&T phones have always come from Apple (apple.com) with a new AT&T SIM... so I would expect the same for T-Mo.

19. Anandc macrumors regular

Anandc

First of all, when you buy T-Mobile iPhone X from either Apple.com or from the store, you do not need any T-Mobile account.

Second, yes you are correct. It will come with T-Mobile Sim Card inside but you don't need to call T-Mobile or anything for any kind of activation or anything else. Simply remove the T-Mobile Sim Card and place your current Sim Card. It doesn't matter if it's T-Mobile or AT&T. But it does matter if it's Verizon or Sprint as iPhone X (T-Mobile) is only GSM Network model, it does not support CDMA Network (Verizon/Sprint use CDMA Network).

---

I would really want Verizon Model iPhone X as Sim-Free is not going to be available at launch but I need iPhone X by 1st week of December so I'm left with iPhone X T-Mobile. Though I need it for GSM Network in India so it's alright. But the Data Speeds are faster in Verizon/Sprint iPhone X Model.

---

Guys, I have a question.

At the time of Pre-Order, does anytime Apple.com says there has been huge amount of Pre-Orders so now any orders will be taken after a period of time? or any situation like that?

20. greeley macrumors regular

greeley

Damn it sucks being on V.

So you have to line up at the apple store?

Or can i go in the next day?

21. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You can definitely try lining up at the apple store and hopes that you get what you want. But it won't be launched till 11/3.

If they do a reservation system then you can try your luck there and try to reserve it.

Good luck.

22. thearh, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017

thearh macrumors 6502

thearh

It already does show the time;

Messages Image(3008627876).png

23. plexdk macrumors 6502

Thanks! It also does with me now. luckily its 9:01am in Denmark, phew ;)

24. KdParker thread starter macrumors 601

KdParker

Don't know if that is better or worse.

9 am is when internet traffic will pick up and could cause some congestion when trying to order online.

25. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

That's not true. T-Mobile or AT&T iPhone X models on Apple's website are both sim-free but come with a sim card from the relevant company for fast activation.

iPhone X 256GB Space Gray  GSM  T Mobile   Apple.jpg