APPLE.com October Iphone 5S Delivery Date (2013 or 2014)??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vmaniqui, Oct 10, 2013.

1. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

hi all,

anyone here ordered at Apple.com with just an October delivery date? what i wanted to know is what date it really is as i am planning on ordering one. is it October 2013 or 2014 ? or am i better off just waiting for them to have availability at their stores ? thanks.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I certainly hope you don't actually think Apple is going to make people wait a year for their phones…

…granted it can seem like a year, when just waiting a few days for a new Apple toy…. but no one has ever really waited that long.

3. ethereal45 macrumors regular

......not sure if you're trolling here. It's October 2013. Considering shipping only takes a few days, there's a good chance people who order now have their phones by Nov. 1, which is really not that unreasonable of a turnaround time given how constrained supply is.

4. gCloud macrumors 6502a

are you attempting to make joke? :)
    I have ordered many items from apple online and the dispatch/delivery info is usually spot on. if it says it will be dispatched in October expect it to do so.

5. Johnny Crash macrumors newbie

Johnny Crash

I ordered a 64GB white 5s on Oct 9 at 7am. It shipped Oct 10 at 11pm. I was expecting a couple of weeks, not days

6. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

not trolling at all. as you know i have all apple products and love apple. it's just that this iphone 5S supply/delivery status is ridiculousi just want to get a first hand experience. i already got my iphone 5s in gold just today after waiting for almost a month. now i wanted to get another one but worried that it might take couple of months which to me is unacceptable. they say will ship in oct, what if it ships on oct 31, then technically it will be at my hand by nov 10. so with that days wait it's quite not right. if it will take that long then i might as well save my upgrade and wait for the iphone 6 which based on articles i've been reading will come in 4.7" screen. this alone is worth the wait to me. if apple can deliver within a week's time then i may consider. thanks.

7. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

So you honestly thought by October, there is a possibility Apple meant October 2014?

8. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

9. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

quite surprising that a lot of people here took it literally. i am being sarcastic about apple's fulfillment process. come on guys.... what i wanted to know is if someone bought at apple.com with a delivery date of SHIPPING IN October....... but got theirs sooner than later.

10. gCloud macrumors 6502a

don't really understand what u are after? if u get I in October u will be ok and if u get it 1st week of November u not ok and might as well wait for this 6?

why am I even on this thread?

good luck whatever u decide

11. Slowx6 macrumors newbie

hi all,

from sg here. Apple has already release date for the iphone 5s gold for us

12. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

getting it oct 17 is totally different from getting it nov 10. that's almost 1 month. they released the phone sept 9 so getting it nov 10 is about 2 months of waiting. and if they will release the new iphone 6 on september, that's a good 10 months from nov. every time apple release a new iphone there is always this supply issue. i don't think 2 months wait is a good marketing strategy.

as i've said, i already received my iphone 5s (for another line on my family plan) and i am using an iphone 5 at the moment. just wanted to get another iphone 5s for myself. if the wait is still long , then i will just go for iphone 6 and use my iphone 5

13. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

No they didn't.

14. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

I checked my order status and it changed from shipping in October to shipping between October 24 - 28 and delivering November 4. How are people still ordering iPhones and have an approximate shipping date of October when I ordered 7 days ago and it is going to ship at the very end of October?

15. ethereal45 macrumors regular

In the ~10 products I've ordered from Apple.com in the last two years, they have always beat their expected ship/delivery date. Stay strong.

16. thealvintran macrumors regular

Just checked Apple.com, and the shipping estimate for all phone models except T-Mobile no longer says October, but it is not 2-3 weeks. Guess it's not October 2014 after all! :)

17. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

Ha ha ha . Good to hear that but we're halfway in oct now so hopefully they start pumping up the production to see an oct delivery but I bet you 1st week of nov is a realistic date. This production issue with any apple products' new released is an on going problem. It's like a cycle- new release you wait, new release - you wait. You would think that after all these years that they have perfected their supply chain process. but I guess they have not.