Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple began its efforts to decorate the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco yesterday, putting up the scaffolding that would allow workers to hang colorful banners and logos, and as of today, the first decorations have gone up.

Starting this morning, workers were spotted in the basket of a bright orange cherry picker, placing a banner across the glass of the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts where Apple will hold a special "Spring Forward" media event on March 9. The initial banner panels, which include Apple's iconic Apple logo, use the same general colors that were seen on the event invite, in shades of green ranging from pistachio to honeydew merging into shades of blue.

yerbabuenabannerappleevent-800x600.jpg
Workers have only just begun decorating the event center and it's likely the building's entire side will feature the same graduated lotus flower Apple design that was seen on the invitation, so colors should expand from green to blue to purple over the next few days as the company finishes preparations for Monday's event.

Apple's "Spring Forward" affair is said to be focused on the Apple Watch, and the company is expected to unveil additional details about the device, including information on battery life, pricing, and a launch date. Apple may also be planning to use the event to unveil the 12-inch Retina MacBook Air and/or refreshed 11 and 13-inch MacBook Airs.

The event will kick off on Monday, March 9 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Apple plans to provide live coverage of the event on its website and through a channel on the Apple TV, and MacRumors will also be covering the event with both a live blog here on MacRumors.com and through our MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Article Link: Apple Putting Banners Up at Yerba Buena Center Ahead of March 9 Event

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I've missed these spring events! Though I don't feel nearly as excited for this event as I did the September event.

filmantopia

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2010
I've missed these spring events! Though I don't feel nearly as excited for this event as I did the September event.

Hard to match the hype for an announcement of new iPhones *and* a brand new mysterious rumored product.

web500sjc

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2011
Where did we get the color names "pistachio" and "Honeydew"...what color is "honeydew" anyway?

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
apple watch will be a dud

I'm thinking it will release to a thunderous meh.

It seems to have more of a circus attraction interest than an OMG I have to have that reaction. I don't hear people as excited about it as I do other Apple devices. None of the awesome stars seem to be aligned for the Apple watch. Just my impression. We will see what will be released shortly.

----------

Where did we get the color names "pistachio" and "Honeydew"...what color is "honeydew" anyway?

It's just a bit north of avocado.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Hard to match the hype for an announcement of new iPhones *and* a brand new mysterious rumored product.

True. Not having a go :) but also I'm sure this is apple's intention. They did a lot to build hype in September (including having someone who just happened to be walking near by take a photo of the mysterious thing they were building).

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
It would be pretty funny if Apple came out and was all like "Week long battery life!" but that won't happen. This thing is like a micro 3 year old iPhone inside. Still impressive, but I don't think I need one yet. We'll see what they have to say.

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
I've never read an article talking so much about the colours of a banner...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.