Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced an enterprise partnership with Deloitte, which will see Deloitte creating an Apple practice with more than 5,000 "strategic advisors" focused on providing businesses with guidance on how to "change the way they work," updating technology on all of their systems, from retail to R&D to inventory management.

The two also plan to create a new service from Deloitte Consulting called "EnterpriseNext," which will help Deloitte clients "fully take advantage" of the iOS ecosystem, from hardware to software.

appledeloitte.jpg
"As the leader in digital transformation strategy, Deloitte is an ideal partner that brings a team of Apple-dedicated strategic advisors to help clients truly revolutionize how they work using iOS, iPhone and iPad," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "iPhone and iPad are transforming how people everywhere get work done. And through this partnership, we're able to help even more businesses tap into the incredible capabilities that only the Apple ecosystem can deliver."
EnterpriseNext will offer expertise to businesses across more than 20 industries, providing guidance on how to take advantage of iOS devices, offering workshops on creating iOS solutions, and developing full native apps for businesses from Deloitte Digital Studios.
- EnterpriseNext Value Maps for iOS to help them discover the highest impact possibilities for iPhone and iPad within their industries, align their mobile opportunities and prioritize digital resources;
- EnterpriseNext Workshops for iOS to quickly take ideas from prototype to custom-built iOS solutions; and
- iOS architects, designers and engineers - housed within Deloitte Digital Studios around the world - to help produce easily deployable, high-quality native apps that integrate seamlessly with existing business platforms including ERP, CRM, analytics and HR.
Apple has been ramping up its efforts in the enterprise market over the past few years, first teaming up with IBM to get iPads and iPhones into the hands of businesses and help them to develop a range of custom apps. Apple has also partnered with Cisco and SAP to offer the necessary tools and integrations to make it easy for companies to adopt iOS devices.

Article Link: Apple and Deloitte Partnering on Consulting Service to Promote iOS Devices in Enterprise

Suspended
Aug 28, 2016
enterprise??? so maybe new mac pros?????

Im just asking this now because i know it is bound to come up at some point.

I'd be happy if Apple decided to go into the enterprise world.

This is primarily about iOS devices.

And since iOS is already in Enterprise (and dominating over everyone else) it makes sense for Deloitte to partner with them. Just like IBM, Cisco and SAP have also recently done.

Reactions: jbellanca and dtich

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I...hate...Deloitte...

EDIT: It's interesting to hear native apps being mentioned. The Deloitte people I've dealt with in the past boohooed about native apps and tried to say how inferior native was compared to PhoneGap and Xamarin (obviously not true).

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
look out Microsoft enterprise... a hungry apple is aiming to take a big bite.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
So what does this mean? These press releases are so full of business mumbo jumbo it's hard to know exactly what it means. Is Deloitte just providing consulting to business that use iOS devices in the workplace? Is Deloitte effectively an iPad sales team for Apple?

This reminds me of Microsoft back in the day when Ballmer had alliances and partnerships with everyone under the sun.

4lens.gif
03-13andersen_Page.jpg

Last edited:

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I hope this does better than the partnership with IBM. I did not see that produce much of anything.

bitslap47

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2007
Excellent.... (iOS Developers rub their hands together feverishly anticipating a continued glut of job openings)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I dont like this move. Stick to your core-business Apple.
If Apple stuck to its core business back in the day, we'd never see an ipod, iPhone or iPad. In fact Macs would have been marketed exclusively to the graphical designers, and few others.

Apple's success is tied directly to the fact, they went into markets that were NOT their core business.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Sadly I think the Mac Pro is dead :(

Ah man, when you say that sentence out loud, it has a habit of rolling off the tongue... :(

I'm staying confident that they'll get it together with the Mac Pro. By 'staying confident', I mean 'desperately hoping'. Really, really hoping. :(

Reactions: maflynn

sh00t4par

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2010
look out Microsoft enterprise... a hungry apple is aiming to take a big bite.

I don't see it. I have worked in IT for 18 years. I have worked at IBM for 10. Even though IBM has teamed up with Apple I really don't see a lot of their devices being used. Mostly sales and non technical positions would use them. People like myself who work in IT support or IT projects must use a Linux OS for security reasons. I can't even use Windows.

As far as iOS IBM does offer a huge suite of apps for us to use. The problem is that in order to use my iPhone for work I have to give total control of my device to IBM. It is part of the package install when first setting up the phone for work. Because of that only those that are mandated do it. Think managers and above.

IBM does offer Apple watches as health related incentives for our wellness program. I don't really see a lot of those either.

Attirex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2015
Cue flurry of "I hate Deloitte" comments and horror stories about huge Deloitte consulting projects going awry and ruining lines of business...

oh, wait...someone beatmetoit.

Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007
I don't see it. I have worked in IT for 18 years. I have worked at IBM for 10. Even though IBM has teamed up with Apple I really don't see a lot of their devices being used. Mostly sales and non technical positions would use them. People like myself who work in IT support or IT projects must use a Linux OS for security reasons. I can't even use Windows.

As far as iOS IBM does offer a huge suite of apps for us to use. The problem is that in order to use my iPhone for work I have to give total control of my device to IBM. It is part of the package install when first setting up the phone for work. Because of that only those that are mandated do it. Think managers and above.

IBM does offer Apple watches as health related incentives for our wellness program. I don't really see a lot of those either.
i've worked in IT for over 20 years and i see more mac's in the office than i've ever seen. They don't dominate, but, i'm surprised to see them. Naturally there are lots of iPhones.

Reactions: satcomer

LHarrison

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
I...hate...Deloitte...

EDIT: It's interesting to hear native apps being mentioned. The Deloitte people I've dealt with in the past boohooed about native apps and tried to say how inferior native was compared to PhoneGap and Xamarin (obviously not true).

It's even more frustrating for me AS a Deloitte employee and an iOS native developer. I know *I* generally recommend native..but I'm rarely involved in the sales process. I just have to try and implement whatever solution the sales teams have agreed to with the client...

Reactions: chrono1081

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Cue flurry of "I hate Deloitte" comments and horror stories about huge Deloitte consulting projects going awry and ruining lines of business...

oh, wait...someone beatmetoit.

There's a reason people hate Deloitte. They're a ****** company, terrible to work for (mandatory 50 hour work weeks, mandatory community cleanup weekends, the whole "you have to work over your 100% allotted hours" garbage, and their contractors who, like you stated, are very good at running projects into the ground.

They're like a puppy mill for developers.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
I...hate...Deloitte...

Native sucks. Java is the way.

Thanks to Apple for throwing us back to prehistoric times.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Frankly, enterprise might be the best way to ensure robust iPad sales every year.
Consumers are not upgrading very often given it's mostly a consumption device. But businesses with annual budgets will spend to upgrade for performance and to replace broken ones used in the field.

Reactions: ipedro
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.