Apple did not convince me this year and here is why I don't blame them

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by holydude, Sep 10, 2014.

1. holydude macrumors regular

I am an apple fan, apple user and apple lover. I own multiple apple devices and loved all of them. I never liked any android devices or wp devices. But this changed with introduction of iOS8.

Yesterday apple announced 2 iphones and a watch. Phones look great and i am not interested in watches as i don't like to wear anything on my hand (can't really stand anything).

Back to the phones... They run iOS8 in the first place which i really dislike...but hey it's apple and their ecosystem is awesome and nobody can't compete with them. When i turn off all the parallax and retarded effects i could be able to use it and with the new hw it would probably be a reasonable experience.

But a very big BUT...Most of the features they introduced are and for a long time would be usable only on the US market. I love the apple pay thingie. It is totally awsome. But these are only minor changes and innovations which would not bring any benefit to me right now.

So thank you apple...thank you for letting me know that it's ok to buy an LG G3 or Lumia 1520 or Note 4. I don't like android, i hate it and i totally told myself that i will never be able to use it. But it is no longer android 2.2 and it is just good enough to compete with iOS in terms of what i want and need. I will have to sacrifice the ecosystem etc but hey...

Apple still makes the best notebooks on the market with the best operating system on the market. I am still in and will not buy anything except macbook...if only they will not **** up.

2. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

Apple says your welcome. Now move along child.

3. WorldTravelBro macrumors member

I am buying one for myself and my sexy daughter. Apple doesn't need your sale.

4. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

OP I feel somewhat the same, your thing about Apple letting you know its ok to buy an android phone sounds a little bit out of place, but for the most part I look out for myself and what makes me happy.

Sexy daughter? :confused:

That sounds a bit creepy...

5. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

Quote for the win. :apple:

6. holydude thread starter macrumors regular

Guys i don't know why you are so offensive but ok. I did not say that apple totally needs my $$$ to survive. My point was that apple no longer has that thing why did i buy their stuff.

Apple never competed with prices but the quality and ecosystem they offered. These days when i can buy a cheaper phone which would suit my needs as much as an iphone i will buy it.

7. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Don't listen to the whinnies telling you to move along.

I'm on the same boat as you, I'm from Portugal but live in Poland... most of the Apple "features" take ages to reach outside of the US (and let's say UK/Germany).

I have an iPhone 5 and I'm struggling why I should upgrade (i would really like the 4.7inch screen size though).

I wish Apple would start looking at the rest of the world and not just US. Look at Spotify, they have streaming services worldwide, yet Apple Radio / Beats Music is US only for 1 year... That is RIDICULOUS!

Why hasn't Siri gained more languages ? It's not a technology problem as there are alternatives that understand even the ridiculously hard language of Polish...

Sorry for the rant and topic hijacking but I'm pissed :(

8. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

The irony of calling us whinnies when you and the OP are two of the biggest going haha.

9. WorldTravelBro macrumors member

Only USA is important. Why would we care that people in other parts of the world cant use some apps.

jk im just a troll.

or am I trolling..? I am actually serious.

10. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

That is creepy as hell.

11. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

The OP posted something valid for many people, if you have nothing to say do as you told the OP and move along.

This is a forum, and as far as I know we can disagree with Apple as we are not sponsored by them.

12. holydude thread starter macrumors regular

Nah bro you are just hating on us cuz we are eastern (well **** it central) europeans and the lowest class from our countries are ****ing up UK.

Relax bro. We are not whining. We are just trying to share what we don't like and why is it so.

13. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

Apple Pay is US only.. for now. Same with Siri at launch. And for payment related features, you will have to interact with the local banks. These things take time. Possibly by the iPhone 6S/Plus S?

14. WorldTravelBro macrumors member

I wonder I went to london 2 months ago and it was much different than my previous visit in 2005. So many b____ people all over the subways and everywhere... "Ghetto" as they say it.

15. holydude thread starter macrumors regular

Hey buddy :). I understand that these markets are not profitable for them. Too bad ..but people in the US have the money to spend them..that's how capitalism works. We on the other side of iron curtain are just simply fckd up :).
    Their message is clear. We want $$$...they made it clear with that chinese translator. They want the US market and the Hong Kong medium class people's money.

16. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

Don't mean to be rude but if you genuinely dislike their new iterations.

Just go purchase something else, there's so many brilliant phones out that aren't iPhones.

No one is stopping you. The fact is, Apple have become very predictable and you should've expected that. They don't like to add the top specs, they do it at their own pace in order to supposedly 'get it right' but what ever.

17. holydude thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah but that is the point...some day i will buy an iphone because of that. But not today :)

Yeah free eu movement...too bad it destroys local culture, traditions and the way of live of natives.

18. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

Thanking Apple for him moving to an Android phone even though he doesn't like Android is extremely valid and then leaving massive gaps in his next post claiming he's trolling. Provoking stuff.

To reply to your nonsense post OP Apple is an American company. Of course they're going to do deals in America first. If you don't understand that there's something wrong.

19. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I pay with contactless cards for 3 years now (when I moved in, and from what I heard it worked before) in Poland. I can even use a Lumia NFC enabled phone to pay... All terminals in Poland have contacless modules.

Apple is just god damm slow expanding to other markets and as an Apple fanboy it pisses me off :eek:

20. holydude thread starter macrumors regular

Uhm where did i claim that i am trolling ? I am not provoking anybody :).
    The thing with america's marke is totally right...i understand that and i stated it in some post above and that is the point that the features marketed are simply not useful for me today.
    When the apple pay becomes useful in my country or (in europe) i will rethink to buy and iphone again.

21. WorldTravelBro macrumors member

That's like saying you have been using toilette paper for over 15 years now but is the toilette paper smooth and pleasant to anal skin touch. Does it absorb moisture well and will it require less sheets of toilette paper to be completely clean.

Quality > Quantity

22. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

No it's like saying in the US people use checks and magnetic striped cards where the rest of the world doesn't.

23. WorldTravelBro macrumors member

24. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

My toilet paper is super smooth and my anus loves it.

What now ?

Edit:

Going back on topic, I just wished Apple would try to deploy this services worldwide a bit faster than they actually do (see Siri, iTunes Radio).

25. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Hey, I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm going to always stick with Apple even though my use may be different from yours. I guess you could say, I don't need all the functionality of what other smartphones provides. What iPhone offers me is perfect and suits my needs. But, my God, the price. I'm looking at $849 for the 6+ 64GB. And with tax and apple care, I'm well over $1K for a freakin' phone.