Apple Disinformation??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple Fan 21, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Apple Fan 21 macrumors regular

I had a thought abut the iPhone 5S/C predictability and Tim Cooks's "Double down on secrecy" comment last year. What IF Apple purposely leaked all the intel on the iPhone 5S/C to keep the rumor mill turning and focused o the upcoming iWatch and or Apple TV set?

2. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Disinformation (noun): false information that is intended to mislead

But the iPhone 5C wasn't false :confused:

As for the misleading part? I don't think it'd work even if it was true.

3. Kurso macrumors 6502

Apple has lost all control over secrecy in terms of the iPhone. There are too many moving parts and dependencies.

They will never get that secrecy back unless the market no longer cares (which would mean Apple is dead).

4. pmau, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

pmau macrumors 65816

The big secret will probably be how the A7/M7 chip of the 5s will combine withe the upcoming iWatch in terms of advanced features.

Maybe the 5c will not be able to provide the same info to the iWatch regarding movement, etc.

Therefore the 5c is $100 too expensive to be a good buy.

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Don't you think the iWatch would have its own M7 chip so consumers don't need an iPhone 5s just to use it? I think it would...maybe A8 which is A7+M7 combined onto one small low power chip ideal for wearable devices.

6. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

It really is almost impossible to control at least some sort of information or parts from leaking. The only way it could be done is the original iPhone style, meaning no new products in shops for around 1.5 to 2 months.

7. pmau macrumors 65816

Here's what I think.

The iWatch has a way smaller battery BUT has to last longer to be a great device. That means that most of the information will be collected on your phone and transmitted in bursts via bluetooth.

This way Apple can have advanced chips in the bigger iPhone package and a very low energy / high battery life system in the "iWatch".

In my opinion the iWatch will be rather limited, but its great features will all come from the iPhone. I can even imagine that there will be an iOS API to push information to the "iWatch" instead of developing on the device directly.

What do you think? I think it's a great concept ...

8. taedouni macrumors 65816

Back when Steve Jobs was in control Apple was more discrete but they also produced way less phones than under Tim Cook. When you produce a ton of phones and have them ready to ship for a short release date ( after announcement) then it's hard to keep everything hush hush.

9. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I have not really thought about it too much, but from a business perspective I feel that releasing a "limited" as you call it, device would not be a good idea. Meaning - If it is only aimed at those owning say a 5s, Apple are only hitting a portion of their own market....to be a success the iWatch must work totally independently and possibly work with the iPhone (or new iPad?) secondary and be available to everyone regardless if you never owned any other Apple product.

10. pmau macrumors 65816

Oh, don't get me wrong. I would love to see that.

But look at the Samsung Gear and the horrible battery life.

I'm sure Apple started using a full featured Ax core but thought more and more about battery life and features.

Maybe the Samsung Gear should be a hint of what Apple might have faced alraedy and has decided NOT to sell a product.

Maybe this is why Samsung came first, because Apple had nearly the same thing, but decided to move more features to the phone to improve the iWatch.

Think about it...

11. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Maybe Samsung just got it all wrong from the start? Let's see......