Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple employees that frequent MacRumors are mostly:

• Apple Legal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Apple hardware developers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple software developers,

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Apple design team members

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple sales/admin

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Steve Jobs is a registered member of MacRumors

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • On SlashDot I always choose the CowboyNeal option. WTF is a CowboyNeal?

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

MR Lurker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2002
Adelaide, Australia
I wonder how many Apple employees frequent MacRumors, and other rumour (I'm Australian, that's how we spell rumour) sites?

Do you think Apple management ever visit - to get feedback from their users?

I wonder what Apple is like to work for? Especially head office where all the action is?

Cheers

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
I think Apple will have a department dedicated to looking at rumor sites, checking up on us, they will probably make a few decisions based on what people on the rumor sites say.

Ensign

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
They must have some people looking at the sites. I mean, remembre when the flat panel iMac came out? On the front page of apple.com it said "Way beyond the rumor sites" which means somebody must have been checking up on all of us.

BEN

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
That doesn't particularly mean they watch the Rumour sites, because they could have just been guessing that, you probably should just ignore me, I will just crawl back into my hole :)

Ensign

bunton

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
Hey steve jobs

Yah I know your looking at this

Dont worry I dont like Mr. Gates and windows

I work in the farmstand so naturally i like apples

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I'd put money on it that Apple Legal lurks these forums...

as for a department dedicated to it...I don't know...maybe some Apple R&D?

I'm surprised nothing the whole "she's stoned!!" thread didn't get any attention...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I notice quite a few Apple Legal responses, but surprise, surprise! No one identified themselves with a post......and there's no way to even know if this is a realistic number - 4 people said Steve is a member......maybe it should have read "Yes, and I'm Steve Jobs...." - we probably would have seen more than 4.

D

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
you can bet that whichever law firm(s) apple retains has some 1L intern surfing the rumor sites as part of his/her duty...nice work if you can get it.:)

of course this doesn't count the full partners who surf the sites and still manage to hide the time in their billable hours....:rolleyes:

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
I bet that Steve is registered member.
Although he will not blow his cover, of course.

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
I can't take the poll....

I'm pretty sure people from Apple check this site...it could be some Apple department but I'm pretty sure other guys just drop in to see what we think or have something to say about it....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.