Apple endorse the jailbreak concept

sand_man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
Wouldn't it be a good PR exercise for Apple to endorse the jailbreak rather than attempt to block it???

Unlikely to ever happen but I wonder how a board room meeting around the topic would go down? Who would say what and what sort of arguments would and could be made for and against....

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
The problem is that then they'll have more problems and people complaining about their iDevice not working when they mess around with the file system. I doubt it'll ever happen but I guess anythings possible.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Never going to happen,

Apple views jail breaks as security breaches and will close every one. Period.

danielowenuk

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Thats a great point. I completely forgot about that since I've never installed installous :p
That's the most blinded view of things I have seen on these forums.

Would only the same apps doing the same job prevent sales from itunes store ? Surely alternative applications via other repositories could provide a similar services without being pirated.

Simple fact is they don't want ANY unsigned code running on their iDevices.

If it was only pirated apps that were not allowed by Apple then there would probably be no need for the JB.

Prime example OPlayer, mkv supporting media player, £1.99 (in uk), XBMC free, I know which one I would prefer. After a JB there is no way I would go near OPlayer.