Apple Exec sales beginning to look suspicious...

rice_web

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2001
Minot, North Dakota
The day that I heard about this I knew that something was coming. It was easy to tell that earnings were going to be below expectations. Heck, even in my fantasy stock market game (I'm too cheap for the real market), I sold my Apple stock.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
Austin, TX
Maybe the Apple Execs wanted to buy a personal yacht for his Steveness, and a condo in the caribbean...

The only problem, is that when you are the CFO of a company, and you have tons of stock options, and you see that the company won't meet expectations, you would sell shares. At least they didn't sell all of their shares...

Ibjr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2002
Eastern seaboard
Originally posted by G4scott
Maybe the Apple Execs wanted to buy a personal yacht for his Steveness, and a condo in the caribbean...

The only problem, is that when you are the CFO of a company, and you have tons of stock options, and you see that the company won't meet expectations, you would sell shares. At least they didn't sell all of their shares...
The only problem, is that when you do that it is insider trading.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
well these guys are only allowed to sell their stocks at certain times, deemed as such by the SEC. i don't see any wrong in it. nothing wrong with liquidating a few assets for some extra cash. its not like they jumped ship.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
Austin, TX
Originally posted by sparkleytone
well these guys are only allowed to sell their stocks at certain times, deemed as such by the SEC. i don't see any wrong in it. nothing wrong with liquidating a few assets for some extra cash. its not like they jumped ship.
I don't think that its the SEC who says when they can sell or not sell. If I remember correctly, its the company, and there is no law saying that they have to (or at least I think so). Apple does not have do disclose their rules for execs trading stocks.